Aircraft Quality Materials

I have a color blindness waiver, but I can tell colors apart. I went over to AeroPerformance (Aircraft Spruce) yesterday and picked up two cans of Continental Gold (old) to paint some of my Cessna’s engine parts. 

So, this morning I go to paint them and this doesn’t look like Continental Gold To me. 

99C4DB90-22DF-4462-B921-A72A06C18709.jpeg

• Haha 1

Silver Crown became Gold Crown once… it’s probably Bit Crown now….  :D

Fortunately, an early loss of memory doesn’t speed the approach of those other two things…

Continental may have redefined what the color gold is…

The paint company is suddenly having a loss of control in manufacturing of airplane parts… is paint considered a part?

Mislabeling things is a major crime in the FDA world… even when it is accidental…

I’m looking forward to hearing what AeroPerformance tells you. They might be sitting on cases of the stuff.

Expect that the paint supplier will really like to know what the lot number on the can says…

It is really easy to grab the wrong label rolls from the label room… next thing you know, the entire production has the wrong label on it and it is heading out the door…   :)

PP thoughts only, not a manufacturing quality engineer…

Best regards,

-a-

In NJ it’s gray…  (lots o industry in the Garden State…)

In the old England where Andrew resides… it’s grey… (always raining…)

In the New England area… it’s 50/50 gray/grey. :)

They have a funky accent, use different colloquialisms, and spell grey funny… in both the new and the old England… :)

if you don’t trust me on this… you can fly a Mooney to either one from here… and listen. :)

Fun PP ideas only… I never flew a Mooney to the old England…

Best regards,

-a-

4 hours ago, carusoam said:

Fun PP ideas only… I never flew a Mooney to the old England…

I've never piloted any plane to either England . . . . And still haven't figured out how to spell gray / grey, I just kind of flip-flop on the spelling. 

• Haha 1