Annunciator bulbs 1990J

Just received my plane back for getting an audio panel installed.  The gear down light doesn’t work any longer. Both when I press the test and when the gear is down and locked.  Suspect the bulb.  Anyone know what bulbs are in a 1990 28V J model? And how to get to them? 

The filaments can break from the shock when the annunciator panel is removed and replaced. It was my gear down light also; likely because that one is on the most and the heat weakens the filament over time.

Getting to the bulbs can easy or a PITA depending on if someone before you overtightened the screws. There are 4 phillips screws on the front panel of the annunciator. Remove the screws and the panel comes off and you can get to the bulbs. They are bi-pin types and just pull out.  I just replaced the burned out one with one that was in an unused position.

The front panel screws thread into standoffs that are swaged into a PCB. If overtightened, the standoffs come loose and just spin with the screws and the screws won’t loosen. If that happens, you will have to take the panel out and take it apart and fix it.

Skip

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PT20J said:

The filaments can break from the shock when the annunciator panel is removed and replaced. It was my gear down light also; likely because that one is on the most and the heat weakens the filament over time.

Getting to the bulbs can easy or a PITA depending on if someone before you overtightened the screws. There are 4 phillips screws on the front panel of the annunciator. Remove the screws and the panel comes off and you can get to the bulbs. They are bi-pin types and just pull out.  I just replaced the burned out one with one that was in an unused position.

The front panel screws thread into standoffs that are swaged into a PCB. If overtightened, the standoffs come loose and just spin with the screws and the screws won’t loosen. If that happens, you will have to take the panel out and take it apart and fix it.

Skip

Thanks skip.  Mine only has two screw, but I will pull them off and take a look.  

3 hours ago, StevenL757 said:

I have several of these bulbs available new from an earlier project when I replaced mine.

@bmcconnaha, let me know where you’d like them shipped and if you cover shipping, I can send you a few.

Steve

appreciate that.  i got it working this morning.  used my ram air bulb, since i no longer have ram air.  so for now i am good.  the bulb ( for future reference) is a two prong AML7327.  thanks to everyone who replied.  fix was easy

• Like 1

On 6/18/2021 at 4:20 PM, bmcconnaha said:

appreciate that.  i got it working this morning.  used my ram air bulb, since i no longer have ram air.  so for now i am good.  the bulb ( for future reference) is a two prong AML7327.  thanks to everyone who replied.  fix was easy

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/elpages/aml11-12419.php