C For sale on ebay

My thought on this aircraft was if i could buy it reasonably id take a week of and do a proper annual on it.

I also planned to look in person before bidding, now that its overpriced(imho)i won't be persuing it and just wanted to give a heads up for other newbies on the forum.

IMHO if you pay 25k for this you will be under water UNLESS you  can do virtually ALL the wrenching.

If you like more of my personal opinion please pm me.

Thanks

Stuart

33 minutes ago, patriot3300 said:

My thought on this aircraft was if i could buy it reasonably id take a week of and do a proper annual on it.

I also planned to look in person before bidding, now that its overpriced(imho)i won't be persuing it and just wanted to give a heads up for other newbies on the forum.

IMHO if you pay 25k for this you will be under water UNLESS you  can do virtually ALL the wrenching.

If you like more of my personal opinion please pm me.

Thanks

Stuart

You’re virtually guaranteed to be underwater on any airplane you purchase.  It can still be overpriced, but being underwater should be expected.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, markgrue said:

Link?

Probably this one. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324678472157?hash=item4b985851dd:g:J0cAAOSw2hhgyM60

That ad alone is sketchy as F. Little to no info and a timed out engine. Who knows what avionics are in it. And been sitting since 2016.

But to each their own I guess. 

Edited by 59Moonster
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 59Moonster said:

Aint that the truth!

Indeed ! Just a few months ago ........A much nicer C.....believe it was Marsh air......brought 30k with a current annual and video showing it flying !!!

This is not even close and will probably bring 25+....new guys have some patience !!!!!!

This one would need a through PPI as well as pics of the avionics.

I'd pass on this one -- too many unknowns - bidding without seeing it first is a money pit game. Heck, buying one flying can still lead to unexpected expenditures...

-Don

• Like 1

To set a base line…

I bought an M20C in Y2K that was completely mediocre… minimum IFR capable…

For 34amu….

Very run-out a decade later it sold for 18amu…

So… today, a very run-out M20C can start in the mid 20s… sure…

But, that is a project for somebody with an A&P…. 

+1 for not a good deal for a new pilot…

Looks like Dev has a doge….  :)

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic…

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

Yes this is ancient history but.....what else is there over the past 58 years ?

Look at the wing repair in 1965

Then ask yourself how many other things happened over 50+years and check out the date of the last 337....wow 

Lets see All original 63C for 25k add says no damage history...dont even know the avionics installed...

Must be the cleanest 4000 hour mooney out there....

6718-d1.pdf

Many repairs are not documented and many annuals are the 500.00 pencil whip.....just food for thought.

This aircraft has  not been annualed since the current owner purchased it (in 2016) looking at its records and the ADD ON EBAY.

Edited by patriot3300
error

6 hours ago, carusoam said:

Let’s get a better look at Rich’s new acquisition…

Will that shimmy damper actually work?

The nose gear looks nicely painted.

Rich’s pic, now with gravity…

Best regards,

-a-

7D8575FF-B508-4619-864C-B80DB22C9D14.jpeg

I rebuilt the strut, I need an O ring for the damper. The McFarlane kit for it was the wrong kit even though it was supposed cover this SN. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, patriot3300 said:

That C sold for 30,100 in a heated bidding war at the end.  M20C valuation TO THE MOON!  The market's logic on display here would dictate my meticulously maintained, regularly flown C with extensively modernized avionics should bring more than any J, perhaps in the range of a new Acclaim Ultra :P

Wow, just wow - doge wow | Meme Generator

• Like 1