BOSE Lemo Plug installation on M20J back seats

Dear all

Our 1998 M20J Allegro came from factory with a Bose Lemo Plug only on Pilot side. When we did avionics upgrade for a GTN750 a couple of years ago, the avionics shop was able to sucesssfully insall a Bose 6 pin Lemo Plug on Co-Pilot side. (pictures in attach before the installation)

I am now thinking on installing the Lemo Plugs on the back seats... has anyone done this job? Does anyone know if this possible?

I am wondering if this installation requires a connection to the audio panel or to the batery? Or if it is a simple installation locally on the back seat panel, only with connection from the Lemo Plug to the existing wires of the Dual GA plugs?

Thanks in advacne for your help!

Cheers,

Fredi

1 - Ligação PILOT.JPG

2 - Ligação CO-PILOT.JPG

3 - Ligação PAX.jpg

4 minutes ago, Costa Leite said:

Dear all

Our 1998 M20J Allegro came from factory with a Bose Lemo Plug only on Pilot side. When we did avionics upgrade for a GTN750 a couple of years ago, the avionics shop was able to sucesssfully insall a Bose 6 pin Lemo Plug on Co-Pilot side. (pictures in attach before the installation)

I am now thinking on installing the Lemo Plugs on the back seats... has anyone done this job? Does anyone know if this possible?

I am wondering if this installation requires a connection to the audio panel or to the batery? Or if it is a simple installation locally on the back seat panel, only with connection from the Lemo Plug to the existing wires of the Dual GA plugs?

Thanks in advacne for your help!

Cheers,

Fredi

It’s going to need power for sure. You’ll need to take out both side panels and run that. You can buy a lot of batteries for what it’s going to cost you.

I did it a long time ago in my 1980 M20J, it took the avionics tech about 1.5hrs including removing the side panels.  You do need to run power but the jacks that are present have the wiring needed for the audio panel.  If you decide to do it, make sure to add connectors for the wiring to the side panels so they can be easily removed without having to remove the wires from the lemo jack.  I presume there is already a conenctor for the audio jacks currently installed and hopefully there is an open pin in that connector for the power wire.