Mooney Flyer Evaluation Tool accuracy

dlthig

Yep, that's about it. If I spec out a Mooney on their tool and it's more than 10% or so off the list price, who is confused? I know airplanes are at a premium, but there appears to be a substantial disparity.  Any new buyers willing to offer insight? 90% of asking, 80%? Thanks for the help.

Don T.

Thiggy,

There isn’t enough statistical data to support any accuracy for these calculators…

Followed by the market is soooo fluid lately… real prices are hard to discover….

Its quite possible individual buyers will pay more for some attributes… and less for others depending on how they feel…

There is one guy that has the data and inherent skill to put his finger on this real data…. And in the end… he may adjust the price a few percent to make a sale today vs.next week…

Are you buying or selling?

Want to trade up for your next Mooney?

Want to try to sell your plane yourself?

Want to have somebody sell your plane and get the best price possible for you?

What are you thinking?  :)

Best regards,

-a-

The other day I sold my Mom's condo. The realtor and I sat down and looked at all the sales in the complex for the last 3 months, and came up with a price that was above the last sale, but in line with the price rises over the last 90 days. I received 12 offers, all over asking and the winner was 22% over asking. Bottom line? Nothing makes sense right now. Ask for the moon, they might even throw in Mars with the deal.

I get daily mailers, wanting to buy either my boat, my airplane for my house. I am pretty sure the dog is next.  It is crazy out there.

20 minutes ago, GeeBee said:

The other day I sold my Mom's condo. The realtor and I sat down and looked at all the sales in the complex for the last 3 months, and came up with a price that was above the last sale, but in line with the price rises over the last 90 days. I received 12 offers, all over asking and the winner was 22% over asking. Bottom line? Nothing makes sense right now. Ask for the moon, they might even throw in Mars with the deal.

I get daily mailers, wanting to buy either my boat, my airplane for my house. I am pretty sure the dog is next.  It is crazy out there.

What kind of dog?:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, dlthig said:

You know I was hoping for a black and white answer. I ran a valuation recently and was surprised at the difference. WTH, ask for the moon and see what happens. 

A valuation tool would never give you a black and white answer, no matter how good it is. It’s a rough approximation of dozens of individuals making dozens of individual decisions. If you really want to know what Mooneys are selling for, call Jimmy Garrison and ask him. Assuming he even has time to get on the phone these days…

Similar yet inverse to musical chairs…

If stepping up…

Selling what you have before getting a new Mooney…

Might leave you plane less for a while… without a chair…

Buying a new Mooney before you sell the existing one can leave you owning two planes if something changes in the market… with too many chairs…

If using a broker… and trading in the Mooney you have for a Mooney you want… the broker takes on the risk of any market instability….   He is better able to handle the instabilities as they occur…

Unfortunately there is no government data like for car buying… so no Kelly blue book that has actual sales price info collected from the registries…

We do have the Jimmy blue book….  Check the inventory at GMax….  See if Jimmy has what you are interested in….  Jimmy is the G in GMax….

It may cost some AMUs to go through GMax… but, the upside is… no downtime between planes… no added risk in selling yours…

PP thoughts only…

Best regards,

-a-

It seems to me what you are really asking is an opinion of how accurate one person's opinion is of what every Mooney's value is. Mr. Market is your definitive source and the holy grail of not leaving any $ 'on the table' is a game that one can play, or you can just simply and honestly ask yourself what you would pay for your plane today if you were going to buy it. You know it far better than any evaluation tool or what other plane owners think their plane is worth. Would you be happy as a buyer with this number? would you be happy as a seller with this number? If the answer is no to both, you are probably spot on. If the answer is yes to both, the number probably will get your plane sold in a weeks time.