Installing a copilot PTT switch

flyingchump

I want to install a copilot PTT switch as my bird currently does not have one.  I have spa-400 and the manual for it.  I traced the wires to this connector.  See photos.  I could cut this connector off and install a new one but I'd like to keep this connector if I can identify it and find its mate.  Anyone know what this connector is called?

PXL_20210612_183319881.jpg

PXL_20210612_183309132.jpg

PXL_20210612_183250990.jpg

PXL_20210612_183247087.jpg

Where are you putting the PTT?  I had mine put on the panel on the extreme right side.  This allows the co pilot to talk on the radio without putting pressure on the yoke and messing up the flying pilot in the left seat.  Worked out great.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jim Peace said:

Where are you putting the PTT?  I had mine put on the panel on the extreme right side.  This allows the co pilot to talk on the radio without putting pressure on the yoke and messing up the flying pilot in the left seat.  Worked out great.  

can you throw a pic of that this way. I'm looking at putting in a PTT on the Co-pilot side too and your solution might just be a better way

7 hours ago, Jim Peace said:

That was my plan exactly.  

On the Molex connector, they are very common and a computer parts or auto parts store near you many have it.  Just take a very close look at the keys (notches, tabs, cutouts, etc.) for your connector.  Molex makes all sorts of connectors for all sorts of people and some may look like the same size and shape, but not have the right key to go together or stay locked together.