Area 760

I my opinion the 760 should be on the yoke and the iPad used as a backup to it and placed somewhere else.  For someone who really takes the time to learn the Aera 760 thoroughly, a quick glance down and a couple of taps will get you almost any information you could possibly want.

If you're going to hardwire it and and want to get full functionality from the flight plan transfer to the 760, make sure the wire used from your GPS to provide MapMX to it goes nowhere else.  At the time I did mine I was unaware that MapMX,  if you have it connected in series, totally screws up fuel flow information to the Shadin and MVP-50 or, if you have it, any JPI unit. For me to have the wire changed was going to take a full day.  I decided to save that for a time the back panel will be exposed for some other future upgrade I decide to make.  So, my work around is to use bluetooth for flight plan transfer to the 760 and hardwire for traffic and weather from the GDL 52.

• Thanks 1

I checked out the 760 and if it had checklist capability, it would have made for a nice, albeit, high priced replacement for my iPad Mini.

Do they ever update features on these units? i.e. provide firmware updates that provide new features? I get the value of the display being visible in all light conditions but at $1500, it seems like a lot for a device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

2 minutes ago, Marauder said:

I checked out the 760 and if it had checklist capability, it would have made for a nice, albeit, high priced replacement for my iPad Mini.

Do they ever update features on these units? i.e. provide firmware updates that provide new features? I get the value of the display being visible in all light conditions but at $1500, it seems like a lot for a device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Garmin does update their units from time to time.  Checklists is one feature that they eliminated from the Aera 760 over the 796.  Some people used it.  Although I created a checklist file and put it on the 796, I never used it.  I must not have been alone for Garmin to have decided not to include it on the 760.

• Thanks 1