Anyone interested in evaluating a Mooney central Florida ?

Nobody said biz jets aren’t a thing. What you just posted is a commentary on the cost of business jets and has 0 to do with your comments. You said, and I quote, 

all the aircraft there are, is pretty much going to be all there is”

There is a huge difference between revenue and number of airplanes built.

lots of GA airplanes are being built, and it’s increasing year over year. 

comparing revenue of GA sales vs business is idiocy when it comes to your statements. 

based on your comments here , and bringing this thread back around, I wouldn’t trust you to evaluate the condition of the tire on my kids golf cart. 

Edited by chriscalandro

3 hours ago, exM20K said:

St George Island, FL, a skinny island in the Gulf of Mexico and a place I don’t leave  my plane outside….

I Know St George very well. we had a house on Alligator point and as a kid I almost grew up on Dog Island, I’ve kept a boat in Carrabelle and later in Panama City Navy base and later the City Marina, luckily we weren’t there for Michael. There was a little Motel on Dog that I’m pretty sure is gone now  and a  grass strip, pretty much isolated only way on the island is to fly or the ferry, often had the beach to your self.

‘I have a friend that runs a fishing charter out of St George, Wessley Talifaro if you know him, I haven’t seen him for years.

‘I wouldn’t want my airplane outside either, but as St George is a private airport I don’t think I have ever been there.

You still fail to understand, between 1970 and 1980 roughly 10,000 GA airplane were produced every year, Cirrus is the big producer now, they built 200 in 2019.’

Every year way more than 200 GA aircraft are lost, destroyed, broken up in the bone yard etc. 200 and whatever Cessna builds etc doesn’t even come close to replacing the aircraft lost every year. There are probably more aircraft than that exported every year.

‘Unless something happens to change things andI don’t see that myself, we are the last generation to fly ourselves in little private aircraft that an average person can afford.

‘Maybe Experimental home built will fill some of the void 

Edited by A64Pilot

39 minutes ago, A64Pilot said:

your misunderstanding what I’m saying.

‘I’m saying as the temperature drops i’m late afternoon, the RH increases. Drop the temp enough and the temp and dew point coincide and dew forms.

Right.  The AC can drop temp by, say, 20*.  Keep the thermostat at 80, and you’re circulating 60* dew point air.  The weekly cycle down to 70 loads the house or hangar with 50* dew point air.  So far, so good for us.

9 minutes ago, exM20K said:

Right.  The AC can drop temp by, say, 20*.  Keep the thermostat at 80, and you’re circulating 60* dew point air.  The weekly cycle down to 70 loads the house or hangar with 50* dew point air.  So far, so good for us.

I haven’t figured it out yet, I haven’t even installed the thing, but I’ve run some numbers.

‘I believe a 20 SEER 2 ton mini split will draw about 20 amps at 220V. That’s 4.4 KW, electricity is 12c a KW, that’s 53c an hour, if you figure a 50% duty cycle that’s 12 hours a day and $6.3 a day times 30 days is close to $200. I don’t want that, I want $100 and let the temp end up where ever it does if I can keep humidity less than say 65%.

Time will tell. Hanger is concrete block, block has an R factor of 1, not so good, so keeping it real cool even if i insulate the attic isn’t likely to happen, but the goal is dehumidify, not cool. so maybe a humidistat is in order and not a thermostat? Dehumidifier of course has a humidistat

Edited by A64Pilot

Let’s see…

1) Potential Mooney buyer asks if somebody can take a look at a plane for him…

2) Somebody thinks all planes kept outside in Florida are doomed to a painful death…

3) Third character keeps his plane outside in Florida… has been doing so for years… may feel a bit insulted…

4) Dan throws on an observation of how to maintain low RH in a high RH environment… quite helpful.  Florida isn’t that horrible…

Anyone able to give Patriot a hand?

@patriot3300 where is this plane kept… is it in a hangar or out on the ramp easy to put an eye on?

Best regards,

-a-

14 hours ago, patriot3300 said:

Thanks  carusoam you are a True diplomat.

I spoke with a mechanic on the field where said aircraft is located and got enough info to cool my jets.

I do appreciate you looking out for us newbies around here.:)

My journey will continue undeterred.

Best Regards,

Stuart

And what details were shared?