Can you rent a Mooney or any possibility of aircraft sharing in Tampa Bay Area?

Hi,

Looking to get some info about aircraft sharing and renting. Will be looking at aircraft ownership down the road. I have read about Mooney a lot and really have fallen in love with the design and the performance of the aircraft. Plus it would work for me just perfect.

But wanted to see if I can rent Mooney or if there is a possible option of aircraft sharing for a short period of time to see if it really works for me. 

Any advise or suggestions would really help. I am located 15 mins to VDF and open to travel to St. Pete, Orlando, Ocala, Sarasota (about 80 mile radius).

Thanks everyone. 

They still have 2 Mooneys, but for instruction only, they dont rent it.  https://usflighttraining.com/about-us

and about a month ago they quoted me $230 wet with instructor.

Photos as above link ^ looks like a C and possibly E model ?

Welcome aboard Jack!

Seeing if it works for you is mostly a paperwork kind of decision...

Knowing that it works for you is a single flight kind of decision...

Expect that your insurance is going to require you to have Transition Training...

So...

Go find that Mooney with an instructor and get your TT started...

10 hours of TT is a typical requirement by insurance companies...

It can be 10 of the most fun hours of training ever...   :)

PP thoughts only, not a CFI...

Best regards,

-a-

Wouldn't you know it.  I just joined this forum a few minutes ago and this is the first post I read cause I live in FL and it caught my eye.  I wanted to test drive a Mooney since I've never flown one before.  I like the idea of mechanical gear linkage and heard good stuff about Mooney performance.  So I called Ocala Aviation and flew their M20C yesterday morning.  It was a blast.  It definitely looks like a training bird but it's what's under the hood that matters anyway if you want to get a feel for performance and flying characteristics.  Next up for me is the Echo with 200hp - that's a plus with our high DA summer days here.  Bottom line is I recommend giving them a call. 

• Like 4

Thank you!  Free Wawa coffee on Tuesdays?  Seriously, I look forward to learning as much as I can about the subtle and not so subtle differences between the various "vintage" models.  You know, beyond what's in the book.  I'm sure there's alot of Mooney flying/maintenance/ownership experience represented here.  Cheers!

Wouldn't you know it.  I just joined this forum a few minutes ago and this is the first post I read cause I live in FL and it caught my eye.  I wanted to test drive a Mooney since I've never flown one before.  I like the idea of mechanical gear linkage and heard good stuff about Mooney performance.  So I called Ocala Aviation and flew their M20C yesterday morning.  It was a blast.  It definitely looks like a training bird but it's what's under the hood that matters anyway if you want to get a feel for performance and flying characteristics.  Next up for me is the Echo with 200hp - that's a plus with our high DA summer days here.  Bottom line is I recommend giving them a call. 
Thanks Rich. Good info. I'll give them a call as well.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
On 6/17/2021 at 8:36 PM, RichP said:

I will definitely be giving these guys a call next time I visit friends in Lake City. I just made my first breakfast flight in Florida last month. 15FL to X60. Cannon Creek Airpark to Williston. Williston has a nice restaurant. Greasy spoon goodies, cheap, good service.