Fat Albert 65 M20E 4900 TTAF 1000 SMOH 55000

Alan Fox

65 M20E , 4980 TT , 1080 SMOH , 108 Since tear down inspection (Columbia engines) , O&N Bladders (54 gal) , Good solid platform , Manual gear , 2 Blade , with a new hub , and fresh overhaul (88 hours)  GNC250 , and KX155 , KT71 , and GDL88 for adsb out , JPI 701 monitor/fuel flow , Stec 40...   Plane had a gear up , full tear down , 92 hours ago , and then a gear up , and AD inspection 88 hours ago ,  Crank dialed ZERO ... If the the AD inspection bothers you please move on , and buy someone elses aircraft , Plane has been flying 2 times a week since last September  I fly it a lot...   I will post pics , and exact times later tonight...

fatalbertbladders.jpg

fatalbertgoodyears.jpg

fatalbertint.jpg

fatalbertintback.jpg

fatalbertleft.jpg

fatalbertleftfront.jpg

fatalbertltrear.jpg

fatalbertpanel.jpg

fatalbertrt.jpg

fatalbertrtfront.jpg

fatalberttach.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Gee, it's been about 40 years. Think the directions just said to reroute the original hoses.  But going around the front of the swing arm keeps the hose away from spinning parts and the length works out properly.  Did another fitting have to be used at the caliper?  Don't remember, lost in time.

2 hours ago, David Lloyd said:

Gee, it's been about 40 years. Think the directions just said to reroute the original hoses.  But going around the front of the swing arm keeps the hose away from spinning parts and the length works out properly.  Did another fitting have to be used at the caliper?  Don't remember, lost in time.

Nope , you just swap the calipers left to right , and everything fits correctly

10 hours ago, David Lloyd said:

Factory routing has lines behind swing arm and inside the gear doors. They are secured with adel clamps well away from moving parts. I asked because the ones on the blue plane are routed ahead of the swingarm.

47 minutes ago, Shadrach said:

Factory routing has lines behind swing arm and inside the gear doors. They are secured with adel clamps well away from moving parts. I asked because the ones on the blue plane are routed ahead of the swingarm.

My lines are installed in front like the blue plane.  Looked thru the 1/2" pile of STC instructions for windshield, tips, gap seals, hinge covers, etc. that came with my plane. The only LASAR instruction not there, so can't say for sure.  I think routing around the back with the caliper moved forward would require longer hoses.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, David Lloyd said:

My lines are installed in front like the blue plane.  Looked thru the 1/2" pile of STC instructions for windshield, tips, gap seals, hinge covers, etc. that came with my plane. The only LASAR instruction not there, so can't say for sure.  I think routing around the back with the caliper moved forward would require longer hoses.

It uses the same bolt , and adel clamp , just routed in front.... REALLY guys , its not rocket science...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alan Fox said:

Thank you Alex... On a side note , should I bring the Mooney , Bo , or Toga to the wedding ??? 

Although I don't know about the wedding you should fly in style in the Mooney while wearing a toga.  BTW, love the Fat Albert--certainly leaves an impression.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Captnmack said:

That was a great looking E Alan, but how on earth does it have 2 gear up landings in 100 hours? Of course it could take years to get 100 hours!

That ws within 20 hours , and if you dont put down the gear , thats what happens

• Haha 3

• 3 months later...