1964 M20 E Super 21 detailed spec

Josue

i just purchased a n M20E the POH lacks information,

I like to know cruise climb speeds 

Vx 

VY

Additionally I like to know of Mooney pilot proficiency activities in the Sout Florida Area. 

I live in Hollywood FL.

Thank you. I finally have the plane i always wanted.

Congratulations on your Mooney.  Go to the download section of this forum and find the POH section.  Download the manual you need and verify it is appropriate for your serial/year E.   See page 21.   I attached a pic of my POH showing speeds. 

POH.JPG

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Josue said:

i just purchased a n M20E the POH lacks information,

I like to know cruise climb speeds 

Vx 

VY

Additionally I like to know of Mooney pilot proficiency activities in the Sout Florida Area. 

I live in Hollywood FL.

Thank you. I finally have the plane i always wanted.

Congratulations on your purchase,

Track down @mike_elliott he knows a bit about Mooneys

Clarence

For a cruise climb speed, I will usually climb at the highest speed that will give me the climb speed I’m after, in my J that’s usually about 110 kts

In cold weather I’d be a lot more likely to climb at Vy, but down here it’s never really cold and there are no mountains etc to climb over, but as your in S Fl cyl head temp will be a concern at times and the additional speed really helps there.

1 hour ago, takair said:

Here is a cheat sheet I use for transition training.  Got a little corrupted coming to the iPad...but you get the idea.

75B50402-2681-411F-9B3D-78E25A7820D1.png

Thank you

I find 130mph is a great cruise climb speed. Engine stays cool. You are moving along faster than spam can traffic at max cruise.... Climb rate not decreased that much at all. Decreasing slowly as performance drops off in hot/high/heavy.... approaching 10,000' for example. Adjust depending on winds aloft/turbulence, etc.

Edited by Immelman

The last time they were running, the factory was kind enough to share these with me for my 1964 M20E.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pY3OSFMSFSw3T82aNl9rQP_OG0pruYx6/view?usp=drivesdk
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pXJIv0LpYW8zqbRDqg9JI0jRQMeEZ4vL/view?usp=drivesdk

[mention]"Chocks" [/mention] this might be good for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, DMM said:

Congratulations on your Mooney.  Go to the download section of this forum and find the POH section.  Download the manual you need and verify it is appropriate for your serial/year E.   See page 21.   I attached a pic of my POH showing speeds. 

POH.JPG

Thank you. I purchased the manuals last night. Should come here first. Live and Learn.

@Josue,

did you find the 1977 version of the M20E’s POH?

Make sure you get the most recent version to supplement the year of your airplane version...

The POHs of the time got a little more info each year...

pp thoughts only, not a CFI...

Best regards,

-a-