JPI 700 K-factor calibration question

I just finished reading this thread searching for other people's K factor settings. I bought a '67 F model, and it has always taken more fuel than what the JPI said was consumed. After 3 hours, that was about 8 gallons. I just reset the K factor today using the 3 flight formula in the manual. Previous K factor was 38.83... that seems high no? My recalculation put it at 30.43, which seems more in line with comments in this thread.

Hoping this gets me closer to actual fuel usage. It's my only source of fuel burn info other than the wing gauges, and 8 gallons is pretty huge. Almost an hour. Plus, I like to fly LOP, and if I'm running richer than I think I am, that isn't good if at 70% power I need to be 30 degrees LOP and I'm really at 10.

I have also noticed the fuel tends to settle after topping. I'll fill it right to the edge, and the next day it will be 1/2" to an inch" below that.

• Like 1