Sensorcon Sale

17 minutes ago, flyboy0681 said:

Not so sure about your information. I sent my unit in for a calibration in January of 2020 and about a month ago it started flashing EOL.

I'm just stating what I was told by Sensorcon, and my observations have supported that.  But some have had issues at times.  Is yours functioning correctly after the EOL?  Possibly there is another problem? 

Cheers,

Dan

Other sensors, the Mini-Sa for example the sensor itself has a calendar life limit, it simply ages out.

As I used them for Production test flights the Mini-SA’s had to be calibrated every 90 days so we had two, and the sensor itself was replaced every so often as well.

A normal house type CO sensor will usually alarm or start chirping etc when they hit the end of life, and you throw them away of course, not worth replacing a sensor and some even have lithium batteries that cannot be changed as the battery will live as long or longer than the sensor.

They are all life limited though, but depending on type some can have a pretty long life. but I believe 2-5 years is common 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_monoxide_detector

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, A64Pilot said:

They are all life limited though, but depending on type some can have a pretty long life. but I believe 2-5 years is common

They do have a life limit. I was told by sensorcon that in their experience they have seen 6+ years with periodic calibrations.  I believe the unit should not pass it’s self test when the sensor has degraded too much.  Mine are 4 years old and working well.

i just replaced all my fire/Co house detectors.  They claim they are good until 10 years past the manufacture date.  That is the longest I have seen. But I think I’ll replace well before then. 

cheers,

Dan