Sensorcon Sale

The 20% discount code for pilots is still in effect.  It's good on any of the CO detectors and its a little better deal than the $20 off. 

Added bonus, the aircraft discount code allows us to see how many were purchased from the aviation community.  It all started here on Mooneyspace when someone suggested we we try to get a group purchase to save a little cash.  I contacted Sensorcon and told them that we had a group of maybe 20 that would like to purchase.  But I didn't really want to order them all and try to distribute and collect payments.  So they offered us a code.  Well over 1,000 have used that code!

20% OFF:     Aircraft2021

Cheers,

Dan

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, flyboy0681 said:

Not sure what the difference is between the older and newer, the site doesn't present any comparisons.

I think the difference is only the physical appearance.  It's my understanding when they run out of parts for the older ones they will discontinue those.   

Cheers,

Dan

I’m a new guy so I missed when this was setup.

‘What does “intrinsically safe” mean?

Are they all identical in sensitivity etc but have different features as the differentiation? 

I think I found the answer to safe, it’s for explosive atmospheres?

How long will Aircraft2021 be good for?

Edited by A64Pilot

12 hours ago, A64Pilot said:

I’m a new guy so I missed when this was setup.

‘What does “intrinsically safe” mean?

Are they all identical in sensitivity etc but have different features as the differentiation? 

I think I found the answer to safe, it’s for explosive atmospheres?

How long will Aircraft2021 be good for?

Sensorcon has been a great support of Mooney pilots...

We keep ordering these things, because they are needed...

Their marketing costs for us is pretty slim... with great payback....

Many are in the field... and a few have found actual CO leaks caused by CO getting in the cabin...

The intrinsically safe part... don’t mount it in the fuel tank...  :)

I believe the discount has been running since Dan did his research on them...

Don’t wait... not to avoid losing the discount... but, to avoid not finding an exhaust leak....

Double negatives galore!  Hope I got that right...  Siri usually messes these up for me... 

Best regards,

-a-

19 minutes ago, A64Pilot said:

Question on the sensor, does it continuously display CO reading? Is it’s resolution single digit?

Yes, and I'm not sure. Never seen it read above 5 (in my old truck, immediately after starting, heat on high).

Thanks,what I meant and wasn’t clear obviously was did it count up one digit at a time or was it’s min resolution by 5 or 10 etc.

‘The Scott mini-sa was what I wore when doing Certification test flights and it’s single digit, but I think it may be out of production.

However, I never had any CO at all, so now I’m interested in seeing what my aircraft’s baseline CO level will be.

As it displays all of the time, adjustable alarm set points etc aren’t as important to me, so I will buy the inexpensive one as I assume they are all the same except for features

9 minutes ago, A64Pilot said:

Thanks,what I meant and wasn’t clear obviously was did it count up one digit at a time or was it’s min resolution by 5 or 10 etc.

‘The Scott mini-sa was what I wore when doing Certification test flights and it’s single digit, but I think it may be out of production.

However, I never had any CO at all, so now I’m interested in seeing what my aircraft’s baseline CO level will be.

As it displays all of the time, adjustable alarm set points etc aren’t as important to me, so I will buy the inexpensive one as I assume they are all the same except for features

Resolution is single digits.   It's pretty common for mine to bounce around 0-1-2-3 sometimes.

9 minutes ago, A64Pilot said:

My unit increments in whole numbers from 0 ppm to something deadly that you hope to never see.  This is sufficient resolution for safety purposes.

4 hours ago, A64Pilot said:

Can you calibrate these things,or just function check them?

The detectors can wander in accuracy over time.  It's only a few % per year, so for our purpose it isn't all that critical.  But you will see an EOL warning at start up if no calibrations have been done in the preceding 2 years.   After the warning displays it will continue to operate just as it has.  Every calibration will reset the 2 year clock on the EOL warning.

Sensorcon will calibrate them for a fee.  I have a kit and bring it to OSH and can provide calibrations, beer money is appreciated but not required. (each calibration costs me $3 in test gas) 

The Mooney Summit will have calibration this year too. 

Cheers,

Dan

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DanM20C said:

The detectors can wander in accuracy over time.  It's only a few % per year, so for our purpose it isn't all that critical.  But you will see an EOL warning at start up if no calibrations have been done in the preceding 2 years.   After the warning displays it will continue to operate just as it has.  Every calibration will reset the 2 year clock on the EOL warning.

Not so sure about your information. I sent my unit in for a calibration in January of 2020 and about a month ago it started flashing EOL.