Nose gear door eyebolt spacer

Good candidate for owner-manufactured.  Gives you the chance to replace the multiple spacers on each side of the heim joint with a single spacer on each side.  

Note: I am envisioning this is the same as on my J and the E I have also been under.

18 hours ago, Janat83 said:

Hello Moonics

My nose gear door eyebolt got a damaged spacer, the part number is 50017-005

Any idea where I can buy it from? 

Thanks in advance 

Moustafa 

Screenshot_20210507-194708_Dropbox.jpg

Screenshot_20210507-194648_Dropbox.jpg

A short length of 4130 steel tubing 0.250x0.028 wall thickness will work.  Cut to length then file smooth.

Clarence

On 5/8/2021 at 5:02 PM, N201MKTurbo said:

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/hapages/NAS43spacers.php

One of these should work.

$30 vs $0.19

Thank you, the right part number was 

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/hapages/NAS43spacers.php

$0.27/Piece
Part# 04-02991
MFR Model# 01321-10

Thank you for your help

Moustafa

Edited by Janat83
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, M20Doc said:

Except that all of the ones installed in a Mooney are made of steel.  The ones shown are of aluminum construction.

Clarence

The one I had already installed was made of aluminum, probably that's why it got damaged not the one made of steel on the other side of the eyebolt, I don't know if someone put aluminum spacer instead of steel but I just replaced it with exact part as it was before. 

1 minute ago, Janat83 said:

The one I had already installed was made of aluminum, probably that's why it got damaged not the one made of steel on the other side of the eyebolt, I don't know if someone put aluminum spacer instead of steel but I just replaced it with exact part as it was before. 

The next time it's out or indicating wear, just measure the ID and OD and length, then get a piece of steel tube stock and cut one to length.  I think that's what Clarence suggested above as well.    I keep various tube stock around as it gets used all over.   Sometimes there's a tradeoff of whether it is aluminum or steel or brass or whatever, but keep an eye on it for wear.

• Thanks 1