Trim Wheel Assembly Sprockets Only Rollpins?

We're replacing my trim wheel bushing this annual for excessive wobble. Since the sprockets have to be removed, thought it would be a good time to do Service Bulletin M20-154 (Retrofit of New Sprockets).

1. Are the roll pins really the only thing that transfers the load to the shaft?? There's no key-way as I would expect. The old sprockets also have a setscrew but it doesn't appear to penetrate the shaft..

2. The new sprockets that came with the service bulletin kit from Lasar don't have the setscrew holes (service bulletin says to install setscrews on new sprockets so wondering if I got the correct parts)?

Thanks in advance. 

20210507_195925.jpg

20210502_153547.jpg

SBM20-154.pdf

On 5/7/2021 at 6:48 PM, Flyman2456 said:

Interesting, I'm sure the shear loads on the pin are pretty low but still...would have thought there would be a tab/keyway.

Hey, if you are worried about that, don't ever look at the bolts that hold your engine mount to the firewall, or the bolts that hold the empennage to the tail cone ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1