AeroCruze 100 Update

2 hours ago, hais said:

Oh my gosh - I love it.

I love this end run out of the box thinking.  Totally the way to go for a 30k airplane if it really works and its legal, which I see no reason why not.  2k?  Love it.

10 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

Oh my gosh - I love it.

I love this end run out of the box thinking.  Totally the way to go for a 30k airplane if it really works and its legal, which I see no reason why not.  2k?  Love it.

If you can find a 172 L and up model for $30K . . .actually if you can find one for $60K right now

10 minutes ago, LANCECASPER said:

If you can find a 172 L and up model for $30K . . .actually if you can find one for $60K right now

Yeah - as soon as you say that - I am victim of inflation and time.  Last time I looked at a Cessna, some existed at 25k.

I'm starting to sound like my grandfather who used to tell me his mother would give him and older brother a nickel to go to the movies together, including a snack.

• 5 months later...

Duncan Avaition Got the Aerocruze 100 STC and is now selling them FYI.  My install with a Dynon Skyview HDX is in progress.......Believe I am this first one from what they said.  We have the tech data from BK, Waiting on backordered components.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2022 at 9:09 AM, Rspencer612 said:

Duncan Avaition Got the Aerocruze 100 STC and is now selling them FYI.  My install with a Dynon Skyview HDX is in progress.......Believe I am this first one from what they said.  We have the tech data from BK, Waiting on backordered components.

Did you get the tech data from BK or Duncan?

On 8/14/2022 at 11:09 AM, Rspencer612 said:

Let us know how it goes! This is what I am contemplating for my C, a fraction of the airplane's total value rather than the multiple that Big G wants to extort . . . . . Wish the Skyview A/P would get approved!

• Like 1

On 8/14/2022 at 11:09 AM, Rspencer612 said:

If it was me I'd get the Dynon Skyview and have them pre-wire for the Dynon autopilot. Dynon owns a Mooney M20J and they swear that the next single engine airframe after the 182 is the Mooney. The Dynon autopilot will allow you to control it from the HDX screen or the optional panel mounted controller.

• Like 2

I have flown my friend’s Cherokee 140 with it. I found it to be very intuitive and it performed very nicely for a basic AP. In just about an hour of playing with it I felt pretty comfortable. The coupled GPS approach worked really well also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, LANCECASPER said:

If it was me I'd get the Dynon Skyview and have them pre-wire for the Dynon autopilot. Dynon owns a Mooney M20J and they swear that the next single engine airframe after the 182 is the Mooney. The Dynon autopilot will allow you to control it from the HDX screen or the optional panel mounted controller.

That’s what I did. However, Mooney is 2nd in line after Baron once Cessna is approved. In my conversation at Oshkosh, I was told to realistically expect next year AP approval for Mooney - with the usual disclaimers as they cannot promise exact date.

That’s fine for me as my Century can still hold the course and wings leveled.

2 hours ago, dominikos said:

That’s what I did. However, Mooney is 2nd in line after Baron once Cessna is approved. In my conversation at Oshkosh, I was told to realistically expect next year AP approval for Mooney - with the usual disclaimers as they cannot promise exact date.

That’s fine for me as my Century can still hold the course and wings leveled.

Good move - I think it'll be worth the wait.

I was aware of the Baron, I mentioned that the Mooney is the next single engine airframe after the 182.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, donkaye said:

Has anyone other than me actually flown the Aerocruz 100?  If so, I'd like to hear your comment on its operation.

I installed an Aerocruze100 in my brothers 172 coupled to an Aspen E5. He loves it. I found it fairly easy to operate. The install was a piece of cake. 

• Like 1

On 8/15/2022 at 12:21 PM, Hank said:

Let us know how it goes! This is what I am contemplating for my C, a fraction of the airplane's total value rather than the multiple that Big G wants to extort . . . . . Wish the Skyview A/P would get approved!

I will keep yall posted!  I could not wait for Dynon anymore. They now say next year.  Been saying that for 2 years.  Lost hope

On 8/15/2022 at 8:29 PM, LANCECASPER said:

Would be nice for sure. But I spoke to them again a month or so ago and they said they are now “hoping” for 2023. They don’t have the money or resources to get the FAA moving like Garmin or other big companies have. They have also prioritized the 182 and Baron ahead of the Mooney now due to market share. With BK’s approval, they may slow the Mooney down even further as the market share gets smaller. Who knows. We’re doing a panel now, I need an autopilot now, not a “maybe later.”  

if they get it approved, then I’ll swap it out with Dynon and make some a great deal on the Used BK, but only if i fell I gain that much from it. 

Edited by Rspencer612
Mis spell
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Rspencer612 said:

Would be nice for sure. But I spoke to them again a month or so ago and they said they are now “hoping” for 2023. They don’t have the money or resources to get the FAA moving like Garmin or other big companies have. They have also prioritized the 182 and Baron ahead of the Mooney now due to market share. With BK’s approval, they may slow the Mooney down even further as the market share gets smaller. Who knows. We’re doing a panel now, I need an autopilot now, not a “maybe later.”  

if they get it approved, then I’ll swap it out with Dynon and make some a great deal on the Used BK, but only if i fell I gain that much from it. 

I'm in the same boat with you !!!!

9 minutes ago, EricJ said:

I see my order has changed from "Waiting on Hold" to "Preparing for Shipment".

Haven't looked at that yet but I will

I'll decide on changing to the Dynon servos if and when they become available then sell the TT if I want to.

My main purpose is for straight and level travel and the auto level flight button for the wife.

Edited by cliffy
  • Like 2