P/N 78742 Lycoming intake tube cylinder #2

21 minutes ago, FastTex said:

Thanks, found it there for about $280. I pinged @Alan Fox to see if he has one before I buy a new one!

Can someone please PM me Alan's ph#? I had it but I cannot find.

I might have one I’ll check this afternoon. It’s either for #1 or #2 can’t remember.

3 hours ago, FastTex said:

Hello,

Does anyone have a P/N 78742  Lycoming intake tube cylinder #2?

Thanks!

I have a #2 cyl intake tube that has a hole in it for a Precise Flite vacuum backup.  ;)

You could patch the hole or plug it or put in one of those awful backup systems...actually I think I have that, too, if you want it.   I'll sell the whole works.  ;)

22 minutes ago, EricJ said:

I have a #2 cyl intake tube that has a hole in it for a Precise Flite vacuum backup.  ;)

You could patch the hole or plug it or put in one of those awful backup systems...actually I think I have that, too, if you want it.   I'll sell the whole works.  ;)

I might be interested, but...I do not know what the "awful backup systems" is....would you please explain? Do you have pics? Thanks!

22 minutes ago, FastTex said:

I might be interested, but...I do not know what the "awful backup systems" is....would you please explain? Do you have pics? Thanks!

There is a vacuum pump backup system that runs off intake vacuum.   They're not very good systems, imho, and the one that was on my airplane was not in great shape.   It got removed during an upgrade when an engine monitor and other stuff were installed, so the intake tube with the hole in it was replaced and the vacuum backup removed.   So I was kind of kidding about including the backup system.

If you do want the intake tube, it does have a hole in it that's about 1/4" diameter.   I don't know if it is usable/repairable.

2 hours ago, EricJ said:

There is a vacuum pump backup system that runs off intake vacuum.   They're not very good systems, imho, and the one that was on my airplane was not in great shape.   It got removed during an upgrade when an engine monitor and other stuff were installed, so the intake tube with the hole in it was replaced and the vacuum backup removed.   So I was kind of kidding about including the backup system.

If you do want the intake tube, it does have a hole in it that's about 1/4" diameter.   I don't know if it is usable/repairable.

I sent you a PM. Thanks.