GFC 500 Installation in a Mooney M20E

My Mooney M20E actually has an Astronautics Pathfinder Autopilot but will go for a Garmin GFC500 soon. As I already have the side panel out, I want to route the wires to the servos already, so that they are prepared and I do not have to take it out another time then.

Can anybody tell me where in the wing the aileron servo is installed? Will it be at the same place where actually the Astronautics Pathfinder Servo is placed? I found how the ones in the rear are installed so it is no issue to prepare these cables already. But I wonder about the place in the wing.

And concerning the Canbus-Cable do you know if it was terminated in the wing, so the wing servo is the final one or wether it is common to route from the panel to the aileron servo and then continue to the servos in the rear?

Ingo

Garmin leaves the CAN bus layout up to the installer. The LRUs can be daisy chained in any order along the bus. The bus must be terminated at each end to prevent reflections. Some LRUs include termination resistors and some require an external terminator. The servos include the internal termination resistor option.

Skip

• Like 1

4 hours ago, InJuRo said:

My Mooney M20E actually has an Astronautics Pathfinder Autopilot but will go for a Garmin GFC500 soon. As I already have the side panel out, I want to route the wires to the servos already, so that they are prepared and I do not have to take it out another time then.

Can anybody tell me where in the wing the aileron servo is installed? Will it be at the same place where actually the Astronautics Pathfinder Servo is placed? I found how the ones in the rear are installed so it is no issue to prepare these cables already. But I wonder about the place in the wing.

And concerning the Canbus-Cable do you know if it was terminated in the wing, so the wing servo is the final one or wether it is common to route from the panel to the aileron servo and then continue to the servos in the rear?

Ingo

I would just let them do it. They have a process they follow. I wouldn't interrupt that.