Quick Fluid Dynamics question

I have a SkyOx oxygen tank and regulator, and want to use a Mountain High boom canula.  I intend to use a "Y" connector to connect the two lines out of the "Oxymizer" to the single line that goes to the boom.  This will mean a smaller ID through the connector.  Will this restrict airflow?  If so, by enough to make a difference?  Can I compensate just by bumping up the flow setting on the regulator a little?  Thanks!

So you see, Lance, there are quick fluid dynamics questions, but unfortunately no quick fluid dynamics answers . . . . Thank the Bernoullis for that. Yes, the same ones causing confusion about where lift comes from.

I prefer the Newtonian fluids... the non-Newtonian ones are more challenging...

When it comes to compressible gasses, things get even more challenging...

When it comes to O2 systems...

There isn’t much that hasn’t been done before... copy the install data supplied by the manufacturer...

Now to read the OP again...   :)

-a-

Lance,

I’m am confused about why you have a Y... that you want to combine to one location...?

Did I get that right?

If yes... your O2 system is getting more complex than you want it to be...

The last thing you want to do... is do problem solving or error detection on an O2 system while using it... :)

Logic and problem solving skills can go out the window by the time you realize you have a problem...

And you have a plane to fly...

PP thoughts only...

Post a pic of what you have going on... there has got to be a simpler way...

Best regards,

-a-

There's the photo.  The ID of the lines in and out are about .170, and the ID of the connector is about .130, with a length of about 1.760.  I do intend to try a comparison using my oxygen saturation, that should tell me something about the two different canulas.  I notice that Mountain High has a quick disconnect that reduces the ID by about half over something longer than an inch, and they don't say anything about using a higher setting with the disconnect installed.  Also the tip pieces of the canula are pretty small themselves.  So I suspect if I at least use a higher setting on the regulator I'll be ok.  And I won't be going over about 14,000 or so with this.  But, I would feel better knowing I'm not restricting the flow too much. 

I’m not sure what your doing as I don't know what a boom etc is.

The simple answer is if you flow sensor says your flowing 2.5L per min or whatever, then that’s your flow whether you have restrictions or multiple hoses or whatever.

If your doing what I think you are an issue may be is the O2 equally split between the two lines? If there is any restriction at all past the Y then the unrestricted hose will get more O2, the flow meter will tell you the total, 

• Like 1