Front Range Safety Pilot?

Hi everyone,

I'm visiting my son in Fort Collins for a couple of weeks.  My M20C is parked at GXY.   Looking at the weather for the return trip to Alabama next weekend (May 9th or 10th) the models predict widespread cloudiness mid-route where I'll need a fuel stop.   I lost IFR currency on May 1 and need to shoot a couple of practice approaches to regain currency.  Anybody in the area willing to fly as safety pilot some evening this week?

I'm fully vaccinated.

Thanks,

Fred

2 hours ago, FoxMike said:

I could help you but you will have to fly down to KCFO since I am annualing my airplane.  I could do Wed. after 2:30 or Thursday.  You can text me at 303 886 4575.

Thanks- I'll see what replies come in and try and firm up plans late Monday for later in the week.

-Fred

1 minute ago, Vance Harral said:

If all other options fall though, I'm relatively flexible Wednesday/Thursday/Friday.  Based out of KLMO, but can get to KGXY or KFNL if necessary.

Thanks.  You are closest so far.   I'll see who replies Monday and try to firm something up for mid to late week.

-Fred

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vance Harral said:

If all other options fall though, I'm relatively flexible Wednesday/Thursday/Friday.  Based out of KLMO, but can get to KGXY or KFNL if necessary.  I'm a CFII, if that makes a difference to you.

Thanks Vance.   I'll try and firm something up late Monday afternoon.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 0TreeLemur said:

Thanks again to all who replied.  I think I've got a solution worked out.   MS is awesome.

-Fred

Damn. Always the bridesmaid never the bride. I have a seaplane instructor rating if that sways it back to my favor!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PilotX said:

Damn. Always the bridesmaid never the bride. I have a seaplane instructor rating if that sways it back to my favor!

Sorry.

BTW there's a guy in my office who lives on a lake and he keeps urging me to put floats on my Mooney.   uhn-un.  Na ga happen. 

17 minutes ago, 0TreeLemur said:

Sorry.

BTW there's a guy in my office who lives on a lake and he keeps urging me to put floats on my Mooney.   uhn-un.  Na ga happen. 

I once thought about inflatable retractable floats for my Mooney :-)

• Like 1