Boom Beam replacement

I’ve got a Lopresti boom beam  STC on a G model I just bought and  the light isn’t working.  So I think I’m gonna replace it with an LED just so I don’t have the issue of bulb replacement going forward.

anybody have any input

Thx

I thought the Boom Beam was just a way overpriced LED bulb? Back when LED’s required STC’s because the FAA didn’t have a TSO for lights.

Whelen I’m 99% sure bought their STC from Floats Alaska and got into LED’s with the Parmethius that way.

‘I used to joke that to change and aircraft landing light, took an IA, a multi page ICA, a 337to be filed and a POH supplement.

‘I loved the multi page ICA, that said over and over, if it doesn’t work, replace it, there is nothing you can service or repair.

Thets right, the Boom Beam was an overpriced HID, not an LED.

Edited by A64Pilot

12 hours ago, Vilvens24 said:

I’ve got a Lopresti boom beam  STC on a G model I just bought and  the light isn’t working.  So I think I’m gonna replace it with an LED just so I don’t have the issue of bulb replacement going forward.

anybody have any input

Thx

You have a PAR-46 size landing light on the nose of your Statesman and from my research, you can't upgrade to a newer WAT HID BoomBeam landing light. Whelen and Lopresti merged to create Whelen Aerospace Technologies (WAT)in 2019. So what we can do is probably replace broken components that you have now or get you into an LED landing light. The PAR-46 Parmetheus Pro has a fantastic lens that rivals the older Lopresti HID landing lights. All things considered and generally speaking, HID will be a brighter light than LED although LED is generally a more reliable technology. If you want to replace our BoomBeam and go to LED, I recommend the Parmetheus Pro or we can try to fix your HID landing light. I also have the less bright Parmetheus Plus in that size landing light.

Please email me your model of Lopresti BoomBeam (Check your logbooks) and we'll work to troubleshoot if you want to fix it.

gallagheraviationllc@gmail.com <-- Email me here

https://www.gallagheraviationllc.com/whelen-aircraft-lighting.html <-- Check out my website here

1-833-425-5288 <-- Call me here

James Gallagher

• Like 1