G5 backup for G3X

PT20J

i dont think it can.  A GI275 will. we're putting in one this week in a PA30.

I think an attitude G5 gets a position source from the primary GPS navigator via RS232 direct, and I also see a CDI scale at the bottom, but its very basic data.

Edited by jetdriven

With the G5 you can pick the source to display.  There are options to display two sources (which are wired to the GAD 29(B).

image.png.d93d1ac8440f5d48ac7fb0b6b5225eac.png

You have to go into the setup page to pick alternate sources.  They have to be configured at the GPS/NAV device to self-identify as source 1 or 2.

image.png.bb86b0987569574b59c39c188efadbea.png

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PT20J said:

I believe you can only switch nav sources from the HSI display and if there is a single G5 as a backup AI you cannot switch it from AI to HSI.

I think  you are correct if you have a configuration that requires the G5 to be locked in the ADI.  It might be best here to select the 255 as the Nav indicator in the setup and the 650 as the GPS indicator if you would like to have the redundancy of the backup radio connected to the G5.

• Like 1