Minimalist aka $100 panel

PilotX

Spent some time doing the CAD work for my panel and just had one cut ~$100 for the metal, cutting and shipping. I am pretty happy with how it turned out (need to add one more hole for a panel mount compass but can do that, if I get it re-cut.

Wondered what the group thought about how it looks (I am prepared for harsh criticism - but you will be off my Christmas card list). I am avoiding the almond paint, would consider flat black but I honestly think this looks ok as a patch until more upgrades next year.

Installed one GI275 to ensure fit. Will know more when I get my glare shield back from AeroComfort tomorrow if there are clearance issues and if I need to move the four-pack down an inch. I initially put them pretty high to make space for the inevitable iPad.

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 12.19.34 PM.png

• Like 2

Nice!

The Bravo and O1s have the coolest most roomy instrument panels...

Find the light gray color of the O1s.... see if you like that any better...

Background color won’t mean very much with electronic color instruments...

See what @Fly_M20R has for his dual GI275 panel...  he has posted pics and video.

Best regards,

-a-

8 hours ago, PilotX said:

Spent some time doing the CAD work for my panel and just had one cut ~$100 for the metal, cutting and shipping. I am pretty happy with how it turned out (need to add one more hole for a panel mount compass but can do that, if I get it re-cut.

Wondered what the group thought about how it looks (I am prepared for harsh criticism - but you will be off my Christmas card list). I am avoiding the almond paint, would consider flat black but I honestly think this looks ok as a patch until more upgrades next year.

Installed one GI275 to ensure fit. Will know more when I get my glare shield back from AeroComfort tomorrow if there are clearance issues and if I need to move the four-pack down an inch. I initially put them pretty high to make space for the inevitable iPad.

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 12.19.34 PM.png

Looks like a good start, one thing to keep in mind is that you don’t have to go with the original location of those rocker switches.  Since the ones next to the yoke are awkward to access I moved them higher and like it a lot more.  Just a suggestion.  See below for zoom in.

20C76646-41C5-4258-B49A-4252864B8514.png

• Like 1

You have enough space I would figure out a way to panel mount a Garmin Aera 760 and then put a GDL-52R behind there somewhere. It would make for an awesome MFD. 

Also you could get your Mooney annunciator on the left panel if you are running short on space in the middle radio stack. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Davidv said:

Looks like a good start, one thing to keep in mind is that you don’t have to go with the original location of those rocker switches.  Since the ones next to the yoke are awkward to access I moved them higher and like it a lot more.  Just a suggestion.  See below for zoom in.

Think that is a great idea. I have time to rearrange a lot of things. 

• Like 1