*SOLD* M20K Rocket Conversion Modern Panel Personal Airliner

snowds

Hello MS'ers.  I am reluctantly selling my 1981 M20K 305 Rocket.  It was a fantastic plane for 18 years when our kids were small (and I was small-er), but alas, they've grown and so have our space and weight requirements.

Here are the specs:

TT: 4,900

SMOH: 300 (Zephyr)

Annual and IFR expire May 2022 (both being completed this coming week)

At 10K feet, you'll enjoy around 200kts TAS, at FL180, you'll get around 218kts TAS.  Fully coupled GPS steering auto-pilot will fly the approach for you (including LPV), and fly the missed approach and hold.  Lynx NGT9000 ADS-B IN/OUT provides weather and traffic to your PFD and your mobile devices.  Long range fuel tanks hold a total of 105 gallons.  Going too fast?  No problem, throw out the speed brakes, and descend at 2,000+ ft/min.  Fully feathering prop gives a glide ratio of 17:1: at 15K feet AGL, glide for ~45 miles.  Twin batteries and twin alternators provide electrical backup.  No vacuum instruments, everything is electrical, so no worries about vacuum failures.

Aspen Avionics Evolution 1000 with weather/traffic

Garmin GNS-430 WAAS GPS and Nav/Com

Lynx NGT9000 Transponder with ADS-B In/Out

Garmin SL-30 Nav/Com

King 200 Autopilot

Mid-Continent Backup Artificial Horizon w/ internal backup battery

WX-1000E Strike Finder

Fuel totalizer

JPI EDM 700 Engine monitor

Artex 406 MHz ELT coupled to WAAS GPS

Backup alternator with automatic switching

Twin batteries

Electrical hot-prop deicing

LED landing light

LED rear strobe and position light

New interior plastic on pilot panel and right rear passenger panel

Gross weight increase STC to 3,200

Monroy long-range fuel tanks, resealed in 2013 by Wet Wingologists

Precise-Flight Speedbrakes

Paint 6/10, some areas wearing through to metal

Interior 8/10

NMDH, just usual hanger dings, complete logs back to day 1

Asking $154,000

Contact me through Trade-A-Plane, or at snowds@yahoo.com (no sell side brokers please)

Thanks!!

front.jpg

front2.jpg

front3.jpg

back.jpg

side.jpg

panel.jpg

rear interior.jpg

front interior.jpg

Hi Snowds.  Good luck on whatever you get.

I went through the same thing about 7 or 8 years ago as our kids were getting bigger.  And I was thinking of a new airplane, but taking a while to do anything about it.  Then eventually, we got to the other side.  2 of them all grown up and moved away, and 3rd going to college soon, and soon to be empty nest back to the Mooney rocket is the perfect plane for going to visit them all.

E

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, MediumSpeedAluminumTubing said:

Just sent a PM! Does anyone know if the backseats are removable on this plane or if there is an STC to upgrade to folding seats?

There's no such STC but you could retrofit the interior out of a later model K... if you can find one.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MediumSpeedAluminumTubing said:

Just sent a PM! Does anyone know if the backseats are removable on this plane or if there is an STC to upgrade to folding seats?

I have seen people with the bench seat make a mod by various means to fold down.  Check out this thread

doing a mod like that would be the cheapest way - but it won't lay flat so you won't get the supreme space of the later models where you get a flat floor.  I have an intermediate mod - my seats are two separate buckets and the rear part removes quickly by a release, and so that also leaves me a flat floor.  But if I had this airplane I would simply do the fold down rear seat thing pictures in the link I just gave.  

Otherwise rockets are fantastico!

17 hours ago, MediumSpeedAluminumTubing said:

Thanks for the help!

We recently took out the back seat to replace the plastic side walls.  It took around 20 min.  Would have left it that way had I not had the image of my kids standing there with there teddy bears ready to go on a trip but having nowhere to sit.

1 minute ago, snowds said:

We recently took out the back seat to replace the plastic side walls.  It took around 20 min.  Would have left it that way had I not had the image of my kids standing there with there teddy bears ready to go on a trip but having nowhere to sit.

Yeah - ain't that the case.  I mean if little kids weren't so-cute bad enough - the teddy bears are just too much!  I'll do anything for a little kid with a teddy bear.  :-)

• Like 1

• snowds changed the title to *SOLD* M20K Rocket Conversion Modern Panel Personal Airliner