Fuel Sender Difference between 610242-1 and 610242-3?

vance.k

Hi MSers,

Just as the title says, I’m curious if anyone knows the difference between fuel sender part numbers 610242-1 and 610242-3?  I have a M20K and the parts book calls for the -3.  A shop replaced one of the senders with the -1 and failed to calibrate it (long story).  I’m working with a mechanic now and working through it, but I would swear the 610242-1 wire arm isn’t long enough to get ‘low enough’ in the tank to properly read it.  

Any guidance greatly appreciated!

Vance

Thanks Clarence.  To clarify, I'm talking about the LH inboard transmitter specifically.  There is currently a 610242-001 installed.  I incorrectly stated -1 because that is what is stamped on the part.  We were working to calibrate it by 'tweaking' the metal arm, but we were struggling to get it far enough to read correctly at 5 or 10 gal.  Then the brittle metal (aluminum?) snapped, unfortunately.  Then we discovered it was the wrong part number to begin with. 

It's probably a moot point as I'll have to get it replaced, but I'm mostly curious if anyone knows specifically what the differences are or how to tell (cad drawings?).  It seems most Mooneys use the -001, except for maybe the K and the M and there are almost no mention of them on MS or elsewhere.  Mostly just my curiosity.

Thanks!
Vance

Just now, M20Doc said:

I would suspect that the total travel may be different from inboard to outboard, accounting for different tank depth/ wing thickness.

Clarence

I suspect you are right.  But to clarify, this isn't an inboard vs outboard swap.  The outboard is a different 'main' part altogether (610243 vs 610242).  The one in question is a 610242-001 vs 610242-003.  Or maybe I'm just more confused than normal.

Vance

Cies encountered some difficulty when putting their floats into certain Mooneys...

Something was getting in the way...

M20K have seen the most changes to the fuel tank arrangement than any other Mooney...

Sort of describes the challenge you may be seeing...

But doesn’t give any answers...

Best regards,

-a-