Anyone know what this knob does?

It’s a max pulse light controller, however I’ve never seen such a nice placard on the panel, the Maxpulse comes with a cheesey black card that goes under the switch.

AC Spruce shows the cheesy card well, I’d like to know how the placard was done on your airplane. does anyone know?

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/elpages/1105737_stc.php

Edited by A64Pilot

For all the fancy disco options...

• X = Both Circuits Off
  • S = Starboard (right) on only
  • P = Port (left) on only
  • S+P = Both circuits on
  • A44 = Alternate 44 PPM
  • B44 = Both Flash 44 PPM
  • A88 = Alternate 88 PPM
  • A120 = Alternate 120 PPM

Best regards,

-a-

The funky thing about that landing light  controller is that if you have A single circuit i.e. landing light and no taxi light It doesn't do anything on "S" starboard position. Don't why they did not a make a single light option or have a jumper for the taxi "S" position so the light is on when that position is selected.

7 hours ago, jamesm said:

The funky thing about that landing light  controller is that if you have A single circuit i.e. landing light and no taxi light It doesn't do anything on "S" starboard position. Don't why they did not a make a single light option or have a jumper for the taxi "S" position so the light is on when that position is selected.

If a company can use one part, without any changes to it, for multiple jobs, it is a big money saver.  20 or so years ago, a study at Ford showed that just by eliminating a part number from their inventory would save the company $1,000,000 per year.

19 minutes ago, EricJ said:

That's the forward static system drain.   There's a rearward one on the same side near the trailing edge of the wing.

37 minutes ago, AH-1 Cobra Pilot said:

While we are asking, "What the hell is this?" questions, what the hell is this?

IMG_0785.MOV

I believe the front drain is the pitot drain.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jamesm said:

It's so you can light up your turn when on the taxi way! /end sarcasm/attempt at being funny

Having both on would be much more helpful!

As far as the false economics of minimum part numbers goes...

GM changed the design of their ignition switch... and left the part number the same...

Somebody got called out for hiding the evidence... the original design was proven to kill people when the keys fell out...

The new design stopped the killing... but didn’t change anything for the old owners...

Use caution when trying to save money on this tiny scale...

Somebody invented the internet, and the cloud... to save so much money these bad decisions don’t need to be made any longer...   :)

Best regards,

-a-