Beige yoke color

Larry

My '90 J was built with light beige yokes that could use some minor touch-up.  The caps on the horns are a slightly different color.  Does anyone have a color to use for a paint match?  It's not worth removing a yoke, were talking about a couple of chips.  

Thanks,

Larry

I found a Rustoleum off white spray paint, kind of a French vanilla color at the hardware store that worked really well for this.  Can’t see the touch ups.  I don’t remember the name of the color.  I just sprayed some in a paper cup and dabbed it on.  Clean the spot with rubbing alcohol first.

SEM Phantom White is very close match. Someone posted a while back that Mooney used Oyster white for the beige panels and yokes. They didn't post a paint brand and I don't know if it is a standard color across brands. If you are going to the trouble to remove them for painting, you might consider having them powder coated.

Skip

• 4 weeks later...

Follow up.  If anyone has a 90 era model and needs to touch up the yoke, try Rustoleum “Fossil” color.  It looks as though it would be too dark, but it matched perfectly.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

• Like 2