Pirep: Aera 760 + GDL-50.

FloridaMan

This thing kicks ass. I’ve hated Garmin and looked for alternatives and just used my phone / iPad, but my rocket came with a 696 and I fell in love with it. At snf, I bought the 760 and the GDL-50, drew a panel hole cover, 3D printed it and stuck the mount to the cover and tested it tonight. I love this thing. It overlays your approach plates on the map, et cetera, calls out traffic / obstacles, et cetera, to my headset. I know other products do this, but I don’t expect this one to overheat in the sun, or be too bright at night or not readable in the sun, et cetera. 

F04BC2C3-BD88-4694-BD9C-6EE51065B987.jpeg

19CAC91F-03FF-497C-B16C-2CF291A9AFD2.jpeg

E73E6280-E0E7-4313-93B1-7D4839635C10.jpeg

2 hours ago, Lance Link said:

Not to hijack but permit me to ask a related question.  The 760 overlays plates on the map and this seems like a very valuable function.  Will the 660 do the same thing?

Yes, it has charts too.  Also, if you flush mount vertically, it makes an excellent mfd next to your pfd