West Coast Mooneys to Oshkosh

Trenta

Alright MSrs,

So I may be jumping the gun a bit here, and let me know if I am, but after seeing all the posts from Sun n’ Fun im feeling pretty excited for Oshkosh this summer. Is there a Mooney group from SoCal/SW that is making the trek up? I feel like there has to be an official Mooneys or vintage Mooneys to Osh that stages at an airport nearby to do an arrival en masse? I haven’t been to Osh yet. I have been saving it until I was an owner and last year it happened so here we are. Any tips or recommendations for the whole Osh experience and/or camping?

-Trent

The MooneyCaravan to Oshkosh is always the largest and most organized Mooney arrival. The purpose of the Caravan is to be able to park/camp together in the North40.  But to park together, you have to arrive/land together and that requires a formation arrival. 

Not to be a Debbie downer, but this won't be the best year to join the Caravan. COVID has meant less formation flying this year, fewer clinics, and therefore fewer qualified AND current Lead pilots. The result is a smaller Caravan overall. 

But there will be a Caravan to Oshkosh and that means there will be a big Mooney tent in the North 40. All are welcome to come by the Mooney tent, hang out in the shade, charge your devices, meet other Mooney owners, etc. The Caravan is scheduled to arrive Oshkosh at 11:30am on Saturday, and we'll have the tent up shortly after that.

All the details are over on the Caravan website.

• Like 2