Extra room under a wing?

ragedracer1977

As some of you know, I'm not flying a mooney anymore, but I'm still coming to OSH and you are my people.  :ph34r:

My plan this year is to fly to MSN on the 23rd, help out with registration, etc, then fly to OSH just before you guys depart.  

Unfortunately, a turbocharged twin Cessna just doesn't mesh well in formation with you guys.  

I'm planning on parking on the ramp at Basler, but I'm hoping I can set up camp with the caravan. 

I've got my ramp space and hotel booked. I booked a room with 2 queens for the night of the 23rd (and 24th just in case) if anyone wants to save a couple bucks and share a room.

Do we know when registration for the caravan will open up?

As some of you know, I'm not flying a mooney anymore, but I'm still coming to OSH and you are my people.  
My plan this year is to fly to MSN on the 23rd, help out with registration, etc, then fly to OSH just before you guys depart.  
Unfortunately, a turbocharged twin Cessna just doesn't mesh well in formation with you guys.  
I'm planning on parking on the ramp at Basler, but I'm hoping I can set up camp with the caravan. 
I've got my ramp space and hotel booked. I booked a room with 2 queens for the night of the 23rd (and 24th just in case) if anyone wants to save a couple bucks and share a room.
Do we know when registration for the caravan will open up?

I’m sure there will be room...when the Bos didn’t make it in 2019, we had some Beech brethren among us. Once a Caravaner, you’re welcome despite switching planes...but the North40 Camping Police may have their own view.
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, N9201A said:

I’m sure there will be room...when the Bos didn’t make it in 2019, we had some Beech brethren among us. Once a Caravaner, you’re welcome despite switching planes...but the North40 Camping Police may have their own view.

Can you expand on the police comment?

Just now, ragedracer1977 said:

The OPs group at KOSH has a bunch of rules they follow to keep the flow of planes moving....

The special handling for the formators is really cool...

Unfortunately, it makes it difficult to arrive at the same time more or less, and get marshaled to the same area...

As the days go on... Holes in the lines of the Mooneys appear...

Filling an open space is pretty easy later on, compared to the really busy days of mass arrival...

If there was a way to communicate... ‘I want to go over there...’. That would be cool.

Probably need to get you set up with a few Mooney decals, and temporary tale rotation... :) 

Best regards,

-a-

22 minutes ago, carusoam said:

The OPs group at KOSH has a bunch of rules they follow to keep the flow of planes moving....

The special handling for the formators is really cool...

Unfortunately, it makes it difficult to arrive at the same time more or less, and get marshaled to the same area...

As the days go on... Holes in the lines of the Mooneys appear...

Filling an open space is pretty easy later on, compared to the really busy days of mass arrival...

If there was a way to communicate... ‘I want to go over there...’. That would be cool.

Probably need to get you set up with a few Mooney decals, and temporary tale rotation... :) 

Best regards,

-a-

I've been there. I'm not trying to park with the caravan, just pitch a tent. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Plenty of room for that...   :)

About 100 planes with room for more than two tents per plane...

If my plane was going to be there... you would have an invite...

I misunderstood a key phrase... like ‘set up camp’  :)

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

Not clear on the rules but each camper registers and gets a decal for their “camping unit.” It is policed because they’ll leave a note if you’ve a camping unit without a proof of registration (one year registered and went right into the fairgrounds and didn’t put my sticker on until I returned that evening).

I don’t know how many tents are permitted per “spot.” But it’s probably on the EAA website, I’m sure others know.

From the EAA website: 

Campsites

Only one tent per plane unless a second tent is needed for immediate family members. If additional tents are needed, they must fit within the footprint of the aircraft.

• Thanks 1