FS: NEW WAT 908525D Lower LED Teardrop Beacon Light for Later Model Mooneys

1 hour ago, OSUAV8TER said:

The photo above with the flush mount was done by a prior customer a couple years ago (I can't remember exactly who) so I am really curious how they did it.

Looks like the pic above mounted the beacon further forward than mine was; it is closer to the vent and was in a location that it doesn't look like he couldn't use the mounting plate. 

Still, looking at the old beacon it only had 2 screws to secure from the inside into the housing outside that came with a gasket to seal around the base.  In hindsight I should have taken a better look at the old beacon compared to the new one and been more explicit with the shop of how I wanted them to mount.  Holes already drilled now, so might as well use the mounting bracket.  I took my access panel down to the paint shop Friday and they mixed me up two part paint in a spray can that I can activate and spray.  Just need to take off the beacon to paint as it will be MUCH easier to paint off the aircraft.  Although we still need to touch up the rivets from the autopilot install/previous removal that are visible in the pic.  So I'd have to touch up paint one way or another.

• Like 1

I took a quick look and there is a hole in the fuselage where the original beacon was.  Round, probably 3.25" but I did not measure.

So it seems one of these could be mounted with putting a hole in the cover plate.  The base of this unit is only 2.9" long.  Right now there is a plate mounted to to the inside of the fuselage, and not flush

Thanks.

I have to measure the hole.  It is 3.25" as I suspect, then this can be installed without any cutting on the fuselage.  Just drilling some holes.   

The hard part will be running wires if the removed the wires when they removed the beacon. :D

• 8 months later...

I had a customer finish a really nice install on a 908525D where he split the beacon and installed the plate on the inside of the fuselage and painted the bezel to the lamp. It was more laborious for sure. I have a nice inventory of these lamps in stock and ready to ship.

https://www.gallagheraviationllc.com/WAT-28V-908525D-LED-anti-collision-RED-lower-mount_p_92.html <-- Link to website

image.jpeg.72e3cea7d52e18b9cc87a0f20a4a66b7.jpeg

1-833-425-5288 <-- Call/Text

513-401-6495 <-- Call/Text/MMS (MMS you can text photos/videos/etc.)

gallagheraviationllc@gmail.com <-- Email me