New Mooney owner thanks you all

Hi Folks, 

Wanted to introduce myself. New Mooney C model owner purchased about a year ago. I've been a lurker here for a while and wanted to thank you all for your wisdom. I had about 200 hours when I purchased, and now have about 380-all in the new ride. Could not be happier. Go Mooney! 

I have some summer plans in the plane and may post more when I have more to say other than thanks for all the good technical and other advice you all have invested in this forum. 

64398C4B-A679-48AB-B997-4C87D458DE32.jpeg

43EFCD24-4874-4FE0-80B3-DE637AD60A81_1_201_a.jpeg

A1814062-6BD5-4551-B474-740B3CF9279F.jpeg

• Like 7

Hi Folks, 
    Wanted to introduce myself. New Mooney C model owner purchased about a year ago. I've been a lurker here for a while and wanted to thank you all for your wisdom. I had about 200 hours when I purchased, and now have about 380-all in the new ride. Could not be happier. Go Mooney! 
I have some summer plans in the plane and may post more when I have more to say other than thanks for all the good technical and other advice you all have invested in this forum. 
64398C4B-A679-48AB-B997-4C87D458DE32.thumb.jpeg.dccafcd6d7c2adf0eebb9da707e5650f.jpeg
43EFCD24-4874-4FE0-80B3-DE637AD60A81_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.bf79062006d4a12f34a2fbad429cc590.jpeg
A1814062-6BD5-4551-B474-740B3CF9279F.thumb.jpeg.1f832fe0977706536ceacb15948c83c3.jpeg

Welcome on board!!! You will enjoy the exchange and your M20C! It looks beautiful! Tell us about your plans please... and whatever advice you need Mooney related and others... don’t hesitate to ask...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Thanks for the kind words about 48V. She's a looker and I feel lucky to have found her. I'm planning on spending some time in south FL and the Keys this summer. I have a friends boat to stay aboard near Marathon. I'm considering flying the Bahamas if they calm down with covid travel requirements, and then afterwards an east coast tour from the Keys north to see friends. I have the summer off between jobs so trying to make the most of it while I can. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Philip S said:

I'm planning on spending some time in south FL and the Keys this summer. I have a friends boat to stay aboard near Marathon. I'm considering flying the Bahamas if they calm down with covid travel requirements, and then afterwards an east coast tour from the Keys north to see friends.....

Where are you based?  Are you in FL?

The best thing I can say about this group is not on-line wisdom, but the friends you will meet in person.  Crazy i know, but these in folks are even better (if not better lookin) in person than online. Accepting me perhaps, but who am i to say. IDK, but that's about most things.

Nice C!  I plan to spend time in Marathon as well.  I keep my C in Fredericksburg, VA.  I attached a picture of mine. I have had mine for 2 and a half years and working on my instrument rating now.  I have not flown it south of North Carolina and Tennessee yet.

IMG_2093.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Philip S said:

Hi Folks, 

64398C4B-A679-48AB-B997-4C87D458DE32.jpeg

43EFCD24-4874-4FE0-80B3-DE637AD60A81_1_201_a.jpeg

A1814062-6BD5-4551-B474-740B3CF9279F.jpeg

I'm serously coveting that cowl. Does it address the Achilles heel of the C model by cool well?  I assume it's a now defunct cowl mod option?

2 hours ago, DXB said:

I'm serously coveting that cowl. Does it address the Achilles heel of the C model by cool well?  I assume it's a now defunct cowl mod option?

I have no basis for comparison with other Mooneys, but I think it does okay. Occasionally when its hot out I have to climb out at 110-115 KIAS to keep #4 CHT under the Mike Busch recommended 380F. Cruise CHTs in the 320-330 range at 10k with cowl flaps closed 100+F ROP. I haven't found a leaning regimen I like, but of course that's a whole 'nother discussion...

I didn't know it was a defunct option. I'll have to be very careful with it then!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Philip S said:

I have no basis for comparison with other Mooneys, but I think it does okay. Occasionally when its hot out I have to climb out at 110-115 KIAS to keep #4 CHT under the Mike Busch recommended 380F. Cruise CHTs in the 320-330 range at 10k with cowl flaps closed 100+F ROP. I haven't found a leaning regimen I like, but of course that's a whole 'nother discussion...

I didn't know it was a defunct option. I'll have to be very careful with it then!

Welcome on board!  I was going to ask if that is a modded windshield, the angle looks more like a J windshield, but it might've just been the angle of the photo?  That's a nice looking paint scheme, though it's kind of tough to figure out what shade of red there is--it looks really dark in one photo and really bright in another :)

45 minutes ago, jaylw314 said:

Welcome on board!  I was going to ask if that is a modded windshield, the angle looks more like a J windshield, but it might've just been the angle of the photo?  That's a nice looking paint scheme, though it's kind of tough to figure out what shade of red there is--it looks really dark in one photo and really bright in another :)

Its a J windshield. I wanted a J but it wasn't in the budget with the avionics I wanted. So now I've got so many 337s I can't fill the tanks and fly with the logbooks! All done by prior owners fortunately. 

The paint is pretty close to Alabama crimson. New iphone camera always seems to mess with the colors for Insta or something. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Philip S said:

Its a J windshield. I wanted a J but it wasn't in the budget with the avionics I wanted. So now I've got so many 337s I can't fill the tanks and fly with the logbooks! All done by prior owners fortunately. 

The paint is pretty close to Alabama crimson. New iphone camera always seems to mess with the colors for Insta or something. 

What is your useful load.  I thought C’s were close to a 1000#’s.