Besides the original Barry mounts, which rubber engine mount bushings are being used in Rockets?

If there's anyone out there who has completed an engine overhaul on a M20K 252 converted to a 305, I'd love to pick your brain for about 5 minutes. Or, if you know someone who's been down this road and you can put me in contact with that person, please PM me. 

Thanks!

John

Edited by SkepticalJohn
More clearly sate the question...

16 hours ago, SkepticalJohn said:

If there's anyone out there who has completed an engine overhaul on a M20K 252 converted to a 305, I'd love to pick your brain for about 5 minutes. Or, if you know someone who's been down this road and you can put me in contact with that person, please PM me. 

Thanks!

John

How about something similar?

252 to Encore... just completed.

-a-

16 hours ago, SkepticalJohn said:

Thanks, sir. I appreciate the offer for assistance, but my question regards the engine mount bushings between the TSIO520-NB and the mount - usually changed at overhaul.

If you are asking about the lord engine mounts for a Rocket...

You should make that a bit clearer...

We have many Rocket owners around here that are knowledgable about their ship without going through the OH process...

Sure... They get changed at OH, and whenever the engine sags...

What’s your question?

I might know a few Rocket owners we could ask... or even prior Rocket owners...

Or even a phone number and a website for Rocket Engineering...

Don’t spare the key strokes... use  as much detail as you can...

PP thoughts only...

Best regards,

-a-

• Thanks 1

@aviatoreb, @FloridaMan, @M20Doc

There are probably two dozen more Rocket owners...

It would be cool if I had the memory skills to list the rest... :)

If you want to update the title... there is an edit button for the person who wrote it... up at the top right corner next to the title...

Best regards,

-a-

• SkepticalJohn changed the title to Besides the original Barry mounts, which rubber engine mount bushings are being used in Rockets?
On 4/12/2021 at 8:46 AM, SkepticalJohn said:

Thanks!

John

Have you called Rocket Engineering? https://rocketengineering.com/contact-rocket-engineering/

They still provide some support

I did, limited hours/availability. Moreover, I've had word from a source, who won't be named, that part number hasn't been produced in 10 years. So if anyone has that Barry mount on their shelf, it's old. I need to know what people are using instead of the pictured mount above. IE: field approval of Barry mount 94006-01 (or Lord or whatever mount you used)...

5 hours ago, LANCECASPER said:

Have you called Rocket Engineering? https://rocketengineering.com/contact-rocket-engineering/

They still provide some support

2 hours ago, SkepticalJohn said:

I did, limited hours/availability. Moreover, I've had word from a source, who won't be named, that part number hasn't been produced in 10 years. So if anyone has that Barry mount on their shelf, it's old. I need to know what people are using instead of the pictured mount above. IE: field approval of Barry mount 94006-01 (or Lord or whatever mount you used)...

Can you have yours rebuilt?

The engine mount (metal part) is just now in the final stages of rebuild. The vibration isolators/bushings are just rubber - nothing to rebuild. The ones I have are in good condition. However, I'd like to replace them with new ones while the aircraft is in 50 pieces vs waiting until they need attention and grounding the aircraft again just for bushings.

1 hour ago, SkepticalJohn said:

The engine mount (metal part) is just now in the final stages of rebuild. The vibration isolators/bushings are just rubber - nothing to rebuild. The ones I have are in good condition. However, I'd like to replace them with new ones while the aircraft is in 50 pieces vs waiting until they need attention and grounding the aircraft again just for bushings.

Have you called Berry?

4 hours ago, N201MKTurbo said:

Have you called Berry?

Yes, they were quite helpful. Parts are OEM, not PMA. For folks who don't know the difference, in layman's terms...

PMA = the manufacturer can sell it to you, the end user.

OEM = the manufacturer ONLY sells it to the (in this case) STC holder, STC holder sells it to you.

In any fashion, the lead time on Barry creating the mounts once an order is placed by the STC holder is 120 working days (doesn't include weekends or holidays)(read... 6 months)

• Like 1