Avidyne 440 WIFI unstable

I Bought a 1974 F model last August, only recently did I really start using and understanding the Avidyne 440.  IFR training forced the issue. Everything works well, the WIFI will come up and I can connect my iPad and upload the flight plan no problem.  IFD 100 Aok also. But after usually 1-2 min WIFI logo turns from green to white. Today it stayed green and stable for 30 min....Longest ever. Once it goes white it may turn back to green in a couple minutes but I cannot see the LIO WIFI again on the iPad, until I cycle it off then on. It will continue to cycle green to white every couple minutes, never connecting until I kill the 440.  Radio shop and Avidyne have replaced WIFI Cards, reloaded software and more.  It appeared stable on the bench at first but now cycles too.  I removed all my personal electronic devices from the Mooney but no joy.  Cig charger too.  No difference engine on or off  

Very frustrated,

Mike

17 minutes ago, Doc Mike said:

I Bought a 1974 F model last August, only recently did I really start using and understanding the Avidyne 440.  IFR training forced the issue. Everything works well, the WIFI will come up and I can connect my iPad and upload the flight plan no problem.  IFD 100 Aok also. But after usually 1-2 min WIFI logo turns from green to white. Today it stayed green and stable for 30 min....Longest ever. Once it goes white it may turn back to green in a couple minutes but I cannot see the LIO WIFI again on the iPad, until I cycle it off then on. It will continue to cycle green to white every couple minutes, never connecting until I kill the 440.  Radio shop and Avidyne have replaced WIFI Cards, reloaded software and more.  It appeared stable on the bench at first but now cycles too.  I removed all my personal electronic devices from the Mooney but no joy.  Cig charger too.  No difference engine on or off  

Very frustrated,

Mike

Mine has been stable for the 7 years I’ve owned the IFD440... on my flight yesterday, I had 2 iPads and an iPhone connected to the 440 at the same time without issue....

this may sound silly- but have you tried a different I-device?

welcome aboard Mike.

For Dynon specific  issues...

Consider visiting their website...  they have a couple of different channels for product support... including discussions between users...

For WiFi and Bluetooth communication issues... it always helps to know where the antennas are located...

Often, something else in the plane is radiating so much noise it confuses the WiFi communications...

Try watching WiFi broadcasts and using the microwave...  :)

If you have any pre 1990s radios... turn them off to see if the WiFi improves...

PP thoughts only, good luck.

Best regards,

-a-

I had the same issue with my IFD540 after a period of time. Prior to my HDX upgrade and removing my old Narco, I found that If I only had 1 device connected the the IFD and did not have any apps open on the iPad but either FF or IFD100, it stayed steady for a lot longer. After my HDX install, I got about 20 hours in march with their trig radio and the Narco removed, I did not notice any drop outs like before.

I feel your pain, nothing like losing your GPS and ADSB source midflight and not being able to get it back. I did start carrying a Stratus back then but now am not nearly as worried about it with my new setup since I have 2 ADSB in's now.

21 hours ago, Doc Mike said:

Very frustrated,

Mike

What software version are you using on your IFD440? It should tell you on startup