FlightStream 510 issue

3 hours ago, PeteMc said:

I don't do updates via Pilot and the 510.  But when I do them via the SD Card, the Database Button appears right after power up.

So don't push any buttons when you first turn on the 650 and see if "Database" shows up after it recognized there is an update available.  Might take a few seconds since the iPad needs to connect to the 650 and then they need to compare databases.

I don't touch anything when I power up....I don't get the database button because it does not recognize any database to be installed.  

You prob get it because you are putting the card directly in.

I hope anyone on the fence about getting a FS510 is paying attention to this thread

The last time I had repetitive problems with databases transering I got the firmware on the 510 updated to the most current Rev. and since then I have had many months of trouble free transfers. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Rmag said:

The last time I had repetitive problems with databases transering I got the firmware on the 510 updated to the most current Rev. and since then I have had many months of trouble free transfers. 

I just had the new 510 firmware updated and was surprised that all of the "connect to WiFi while standing on left foot, holding a crow feather in my right hand and humming "We are the Champions"" wasn't needed. The WiFi connection happened quickly and the download was painless.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Marauder said:

I just had the new 510 firmware updated and was surprised that all of the "connect to WiFi while standing on left foot, holding a crow feather in my right hand and humming "We are the Champions"" wasn't needed. The WiFi connection happened quickly and the download was painless.

See, that's your problem.  The crow feather is supposed to go between the first and second toes on your right foot.  In your right hand you're supposed to be holding the crow you got the feather from.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Marauder said:

I’ve found chorus of “Bohemian Rhapsody” to be more reliable...

• Like 1