What Do Ya'll Use to Find Airports With Restaurants

What do you use to find airports with restaurants on the field or with in walking distance of the airport?

I can see "some" airports that have courtesy cars also on AOPA Directory but it seems spotty.

Planning a long X country with no particular schedule so just wanting to find something while in flight to stop at for meals

I'm more interested in when flying on a long X country and you get hungry how does one find an airport along the way with food near by?  ay apps or such to have the wife peruse while airborne?

You would think there would be an app for this by now. Phone knows your GPS location so it would search nearest airports with a restaurant and include some kind of rating system where pilots can give the restaurant a star rating. I run into this issue on long trips in areas that I’m not too familiar with and I don’t know of an easy way to find these airports

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Something I do fairly frequently is find the airport on Google maps and then just start looking for the restaurant icons nearby.   If there's one on the field they'll usually show up, or if one is within walking distance.    It's also a fairly easy way to figure out where the fuel pumps are before you get there.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, EricJ said:

Something I do fairly frequently is find the airport on Google maps and then just start looking for the restaurant icons nearby.   If there's one on the field they'll usually show up, or if one is within walking distance.    It's also a fairly easy way to figure out where the fuel pumps are before you get there.

And where the wind sock is.

• Like 3

Ditto, I always feel like a CIA analyst when I do this. I do this to look for hotels within walking distance as well.
  • Like 2

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/maps-me-offline-maps-gps-nav/id510623322

I've used this for international travel when I want maps but don't have data. It's easy to pick and choose which maps (states) you want to download. Only downside is it takes up a lot of space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again, lots of ways to find restaurant while you are on the ground. Once you are in he air in a long XC not so much. An App that had a built in database that can be updated regularly would solve that problem.

15 minutes ago, Hector said:

Again, lots of ways to find restaurant while you are on the ground. Once you are in he air in a long XC not so much. An App that had a built in database that can be updated regularly would solve that problem.

I prefer to do my planning on the ground including fuel stops and food.  Either a place to stop and eat or to bring sufficient food along.  And even then, most phones will work while flying.

The problem with a database is that it takes a lot of effort to keep it up to date.  Witness Airnav for fuel prices.  There are often times when the last reported fuel price is several weeks old and has changed.  Nobody made the effort to tell Airnav.  I suspect it would be even worse for diners.

Beechtalk has a spreadsheet that I keep on google drive offline access - but it just covers on airport for some in the NE. 

When flying - large airports will sometimes have food and lodging listed with distance from the airport.  Perusing the firelight comments section also often gives hints as to courtesy car and food.