Yoke mount for an iPad mini

DaveMC

Did you really want to know?

or is this a rhetorical question..?

Like LOP vs. ROP...

There is no real answer... just preferences...

https://mooneyspace.com/search/?q=best yoke mount for an iPad mini&updated_after=any&sortby=relevancy&search_and_or=and

Great conversation starter...

Best regards,

-a-

Just now, carusoam said:

Did you really want to know?

or is this a rhetorical question..?

Like LOP vs. ROP...

There is no real answer... just preferences...

https://mooneyspace.com/search/?q=best yoke mount for an iPad mini&updated_after=any&sortby=relevancy&search_and_or=and

Great conversation starter...

Best regards,

-a-

I really want to know. There are a bunch out there and I figure after getting some replies one will stand out.  

3 minutes ago, DaveMC said:

I really want to know. There are a bunch out there and I figure after getting some replies one will stand out.  

It’s a very common question...

Stand by for the very common answers to roll in...

When it comes to Minis... often one is used as a second iPad in the cockpit... and may get mounted on the windshield in front of the SIC station...

Best regards,

-a-

• 1 month later...

I just got a cheap flexible clear ipad mini cover I leave attached to the yoke by a velcro sticker. Cost about $6 and works well.  Just quickly take your ipad mini out of your everyday cover and pop it in out of the yoke case. 

68F41119-443B-48A9-8A28-5017D7A1E9C3.jpeg

• Like 1

One word of caution on yoke mounts and autopilots. It is purely a theory but I was having fits with my A/P disengaging in relatively light turbulence when I had my iPad mounted to the yoke (no it wasn't hitting the disconnect button :) ). I removed it and have since not had the issue. Again, theory but I wonder if the additional weight on the yoke puts additional burden on the trim servo. 

B

• Like 1

I bought one that was universal fit for about $60 and I never could get it to tighten up enough to stay put and sent it back. I want to buy another one but it'll be specifically for an iPad mini.