Mooney down with engine trouble in Banning Airport, California Need mechanic

lvpazik

Well, it is an interesting thread. The OP originally just asked for a referral for an A&P near where the plane was AOG. No one provided such. Instead there was a lot of speculating and trying to diagnose with not enough information which clearly the OP didn’t have since the OP wasn’t flying the plane at the time of the event. I’m not so sure we did a new member a lot of good here.

Skip 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, PT20J said:

Well, it is an interesting thread. The OP originally just asked for a referral for an A&P near where the plane was AOG. No one provided such. Instead there was a lot of speculating and trying to diagnose with not enough information which clearly the OP didn’t have since the OP wasn’t flying the plane at the time of the event. I’m not so sure we did a new member a lot of good here.

Skip 

2 of us did

• Like 1

I sure hope that the OP doesn’t destroy his Continental fuel nozzles trying to get the Lycoming insert out of them.

In the meantime we do need to to know which temp was going crazy as both EGT and CHT were referenced.

Clarence

11 hours ago, PT20J said:

Skip 

I disagree.  If there is something that can easily be diagnosed as a bad sensor by asking the right, specific questions of the pilot or traveling a couple hours to pull the data, then the OP can save the considerable expense and inconvenience of getting an A&P to travel for the same diagnosis.  He can choose how he wishes to proceed, of course.

-Dan 

13 hours ago, PT20J said:

Skip 

I believe @GEE-BEE mentioned Kurt at Expert Aircraft who is nearby at F70. He’s worked on my Mooney a coupe of times and did an excellent job so I think he actually was provided with the information he requested. What he did with that information is unclear.

Savvy has an AOG service as well which is relatively  inexpensive and might benefit the OP if he finds himself in this situation again in the future.

• Like 3

I guess he was scared off.  10 days later and no response from the original poster.  I guess he does not owe us one but I would like to know, just out of curiosity and also learning, what happened with the airplane and the final outcome.  I am more of the opinion that if I reach out to a forum like this and many attempt to answer my questions, concerns, issues, etc... then at least I should follow up with a response of thanks, or it worked, or I need more help, etc....  But life gets in the way also and we get busy.  I hope he found the answers and got a mechanic to help him out.

• Like 2

Try not to beat yourselves up gents...

@lvpazik hasn’t been back this way for a dozen days... since his last post.

I have left a light on for him to check in...

It is near impossible to be able to help somebody out with a technical challenge and be super friendly at the same time...

I know... all of you did the best you could, with what you had...

I’m guessing you will hear back from lvp when he gets things under control...

:)

Best regards,

-a-

You see this i’m a lot of forums, people drop a question and want an answer now, they don’t want to join a forum and interact etc., they just want an answer. Often they get rude about it if asked any questions too, and just as often it’s really tough to understand their question as it doesn’t make a lot of sense, use punctuation etc 

‘I believe it’s just an internet “thing” some of the younger among us grew up with that phone in their hand and it brings in a whole different set of social norms. 

This person was not at all bad, but as a norm you never hear back and never get a thank you.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, A64Pilot said:

You see this i’m a lot of forums, people drop a question and want an answer now, they don’t want to join a forum and interact etc., they just want an answer. Often they get rude about it if asked any questions too, and just as often it’s really tough to understand their question as it doesn’t make a lot of sense, use punctuation etc 

‘I believe it’s just an internet “thing” some of the younger among us grew up with that phone in their hand and it brings in a whole different set of social norms. 

This person was not at all bad, but as a norm you never hear back and never get a thank you.

Since you mentioned it... I'm curious why you start most paragraphs with a quotation mark.  Excel power user is my guess. :)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ZuluZulu said:

Since you mentioned it... I'm curious why you start most paragraphs with a quotation mark.  Excel power user is my guess. :)

I can’t figure it out, I’m using an Ipad and it does it most times at the beginning of a line. It will put the quotation mark there by itself, I can back space and delete the letter I typed and retype it and it won’t put it back in, plus it’s not always there. Now for instance, it’s not doing it?

It’s only this forum, nothing else and even on this forum when sending a PM it doesn’t seem to do it, and it doesn’t always do it. 

Initially I would go back and delete all of the marks, but that got old fast so I stopped, but as you can they aren’t there now?

Its way over head, I assume it’s something with the forum software and Apple, but surely there are many other people using Ipads, and it’s not consistent?

Any ideas? It’s annoying

Edited by A64Pilot

Just now, A64Pilot said:

I can’t figure it out, I’m using an Ipad and it does it most times at the beginning of a line. It will put the quotation mark there by itself, I can back space and delete the letter I typed and retype it and it won’t put it back in, plus it’s not always there. Now for instance, it’s not doing it?

It’s only this forum, nothing else and even on this forum when sending a PM it doesn’t seem to do it, and it doesn’t always do it. 

Initially I would go back and delete all of the marks, but that got old fast so I stopped, but as you can they aren’t there now?

Its way over head, I assume it’s something with the forum software and Apple, but surely there are many other people using Ipads, and it’s not consistent?

Any ideas? It’s annoying

Wow that's a strange one.  I've owned a lot of iPads and never seen that.