67m20e landing gear tool

Welcome aboard Ck!

Who do you know renting the tooling?

Last place I saw, no longer has a business renting tools...

Lets be a bit more specific about the tools...

There might be a few different tools for various aspects of the gear job...

Compressing donuts on the main gear... is the easy one...

Best regards,

-a-

On 4/10/2021 at 11:39 AM, 67 m20F chump said:

I have an F.  The weight of the plane was enough for the main gear on mine.   Have a friend rock the wing if needed. 

I second that with my '67 E. I filled up all 4 tanks (80 gallons). Didn't need to rock wings...

Though nose was a PITA without the tool. Should've rented the tool... 

On 4/10/2021 at 4:16 PM, carusoam said:

Last place I saw, no longer has a business renting tools

Someone here shared pictures of their home-made tool that uses a small hydraulic jack for the compression. Someone with welding skills could easily build a replica, methinks...

• Like 1

I couldn't get the strap to work. I used turnbuckle for the nose. The threads started wearing out WITH the weight of the plane on the wheel. It worked but too much hassle. I'll build a hydraulic tool next time around (hopefully in 10+ years). I'll modify it so it can house my car's hydraulic jack (flat one).

Thanks. I’ll try try the full tank idea for the mains. I did use two ratchet straps a few years ago to replace the nose gear disks after disassembly. Easy enough, but weren’t  new ones going back on. Tractor Supply has some turnbuckles big enough for the front gear. So thanks to the human that suggested that. No one will confuse me for a welder, but the bottle jack image comes to mind.  I’ll let y’all know if this works. Thanks again. 

Edited by Ck2uam

Here's the link to the thread on the hydraulic compression tool/process.  Maybe not the one some of you were referencing, but it's something  Landing Gear Disc Compression Tool - General Mooney Talk - Mooneyspace.com - A community for Mooney aircraft owners and enthusiasts

I'd love to see the weld tool.  I have a friend that would likely make a few.   Best regards

• 2 weeks later...

Say hello to my little friend. Some heavy angle iron, pvc pipe stuff, some stuff laying around the garage and viola! Got that collar “pinned”. Had to tapcon the jack plate to the hangar floor  

5E4F05E0-B4DE-4142-AB67-F28A799CDAE2.jpeg

Edited by Ck2uam

Way to go CK2!

Proof that some MSers have more skills than others...   certainly a different set of skills...  :)

Did you have a hammer drill for the Tapcons?

https://www.tapcon.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw4cOEBhDMARIsAA3XDRiw7AcxG6AEKEXD_pJCZKdR8m6nU5howqtlcN8DYbuVGofec-aq67caAuW7EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Best regards,

-a-