Ovation GX2 gear warning system

Timbot

Hi All,

The AMM for our Ovation GX2 has the following to say about the gear warning system:

2. A warning horn (Garmin G1000 equipped aircraft
utilize a “VOICE ALERT” in addition to the Warning
Horn. Refer to the Garmin G1000 Cockpit Reference
Guide for description) in cabin is actuated when gear

But.. our electrical drawing only shows one sonalert module "SONALERT STALL WARNING" in the headliner.

Can anyone confirm for me that the only aural warning is via the G1000 system? I'm thinking that the AMM text stating "in addition to the warning horn" is incorrect.

Thanks!

Tim

My experience is the same as yours but as a practical matter I have found if the G1000 cannot provide an aural warning, the sonalert sounds, both for the stall and gear warning. Now why would the G1000 not be able to provide an aural? In my case COM 1 had failed, with a red X. I only got sonalerts. It started working briefly and aurals returned. I had the GIA 63W replaced with a factory refurbished unit and aurals returned to stay. So I guess aurals are generated out of GIA number one. Go figure.

Turn on the master...   lift the vane...  see what you hear...   :)

Pre-G1000 have an aural tone.... not the usual low cost buzzer...

if you have two sources of stall warning...

You may need somebody to lift the vane for you...

While you listen with and without headsets and audio panel alive...

Oddly, the stall warning system is dead when the electricity is turned off...  something I would prefer to stay alive 24/7...

PP thoughts only,

-a-