Garmin Pilot Release v10.4

Over on BeechTalk Garmin announced a new release of Garmin Pilot v10.4  It makes some improvements to viewing Notams and makes a major change to the Briefing Output.  For the briefing output what they apparently did was change it to display the  Leidos briefing output format.  So I setup and planned a simple trip of about 100 miles.  The output I got was sixty pages, all in long translated format for metars, tafs and a lot of other graphics stuff that takes a lot of pages to display.  Compared to the old format its going to take a lot more time to read and assimilate the information.

I do not like this for the EFB - if I wanted a briefing like this I would use the computer.  The old format was not perfect, but it was a lot easier to navigate to get at information.  In flight the new one is going to be a disaster.

I am sending Garmin a recommendation to set an option in the Settings to either use the new or old format depending on user preference.  For those of you that use this please send them for feedback, pro or con also:  gpfeedback@garmin.com

--------------------------------

Editted to put correct release 10.4, you can get it for update at app store

Edited by gacoon
Editted to put correct release 10.4, you can get it for update at app store

I always logged into leidos from the tablet to get the briefing anyway, never liked gp's bare briefing.

Weather charts are nice.

I love that the latest updates now let you graphically select arrivals on both android and apple.  this was the one feature i missed from that other EFB

• gacoon changed the title to Garmin Pilot Release v10.4