How do you mount your Sensorcon CO detector?

Care to share pictures / descriptions of how you mounted your Sensorcon? 
Velcro seems like the easiest solution but I would be interested in what the great minds of Mooneyspace have dreamed up.

@Marauder you recently posted this, but I can’t tell what it is. Removable Velcro?

1854236295_IMG_0551(2).thumb.JPG.f4a83cc7b1b9653231692a534959c030.JPG

24 minutes ago, squeaky.stow said:

Velcro seems like the easiest solution but I would be interested in what the great minds of Mooneyspace have dreamed up.

@Marauder you recently posted this, but I can’t tell what it is. Removable Velcro?

That looks like the 3M tape that you use on the back of Command Hooks. They come in all different sizes.

https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=command+hooks&ref=nb_sb_noss

I just have mine mounted with velcro.

Mounted with a zip tie to the top of the "compass bar."  I replaced my factory visors with Rosens so the center metal clips are no longer used by the visors.  I stick the Sensorcon's hook bar into the remaining visor clips.  Doesn't seem to bother the compass up there.  It looks low in this photo but it is usually just below the headliner.  Having it up there also helps remind me to turn it off when I shut down.

IMG_7641.jpeg

Just now, gsxrpilot said:

GoPro box top, existing trim screws. SensorCon clip fits GoPro mount perfectly. Out of the way, and no possible way you miss that alarm in your right ear!

IMG_1997.thumb.jpeg.5cf8b8202114c262ce38a6b084647714.jpeg
1752148238_IMG_1999(1).thumb.jpeg.2321b51e584e6e266510a5996e93e250.jpeg

Ooh going to have to look into that mount for my gopro. Bet the vantage point is awesome from that angle. 

Just now, RobertGary1 said:

Seems like you want it as close to your head as possible as that is really the only air you care about. 

Down low is where most fresh air comes in--kneespace and pedestal vent each greatly overpower the ceiling vents.

Next to your ears will make it audible...

In front of your eyes will make it seeable...

Have no fear about pockets of air remaining CO free....  there isn’t enough stagnation of air inside a moving Mooney...

Air is really good at mixing...

If relying on its sound... be sure to test it audibly before use each time... (usually, mine makes itself known right after engine start...) :)

PP thoughts only, not a sensor expert...

Best regards,

-a-

On 4/5/2021 at 7:20 PM, squeaky.stow said:

I used the WE stuff :D

https://www.amazon.com/Command-Picture-Hanging-4-Pairs-17207-ES/dp/B004054NSQ/ref=sr_1_7?crid=3BEJEX3EI6SLS&dchild=1&keywords=3m+hooks+command+velcro&qid=1617810072&sprefix=3M+velcro+command+hooks%2Caps%2C176&sr=8-7

I have moved it around a few times. The 3M stuff doesn't leave any marks on the panel.

• Like 1