Aircraft cover options

RobertGary1

Regretfully the guy that owned Ground Tech/Planecover.com just retired.  I really liked his covers and work, but regretfully he never found anyone that wanted to take over his business when he retired.

Sorry to hear you're not having good luck with Bruce's.  I figured that was where I'd have to go when my current one starts to give out.

13 hours ago, RobertGary1 said:

Anyone try these guys. They use the same materials as bruces. 

https://www.airplane-covers.com/Mooney M20.htm

-Robert 

+1 for these guys. They’re awesome and will remain as my go-to.

I went with their cheap cover for my rocket because I’m only occasionally covered and the lighter material takes up less weight and space in the baggage compartment. I like that their design doesn’t use snaps and the extra money for the door flap was well spent. It’s nice being about to access the inside of the plane without removing the cover, especially when it’s windy. 

Edited by FloridaMan

3 hours ago, RobertGary1 said:

I've heard other people complain about the snaps Bruce's uses. What is the dislike for snaps? I haven't had any issues with them on Bruce's covers.

-Robert

Aside from sticking out a little in airflow for those trying to remove every touch of drag, the snaps don’t fit securely on my F with the LoPresti cowling. I don’t think it’s the cowling specifically. It’s just how the tabs on the end of the strap are loaded that they  can pop off the snaps easily. 

I also bought one from airplane-covers and it has held up very well and I think it was really well thought out.  There is extra material behind the clips to protect the plane and it fits snugly.  It doesn't hurt that the color I chose is a very close match to the color of the plane. 

• 1 year later...

My gosh, sorry to read that the owner of PlaneCovers retired last year.  I've had one of their covers for my M20J for 11 years.  It now could use a refurb.  It has performed flawlessly, was tight fitting when new and is tight fitting to this day.  All the photos of Bruce's covers illustrate loose fit.  Does anyone sell tight fitting covers?

Joe Kmeck

M20J