More than you ever wanted to know about Aerodynamics

1 hour ago, FlyingDude said:

Infinite/infinite can be 1, 0, positive infinite, negative infinite. Just like 2+2 can be 5, 4 or 3; 

exactly - and even more fun:

1 + 2 + 3 + ⋯ + ∞ = -1/12

as was illustrated in 1984 by George Orwell...

?

It's not me speaking. It's the microchips in my covid vaccine designed by Bill Gates making me say this crap. I should have gotten the other vaccine with Linux-running chips. 

Which operating system are the chips running the Russian vaccine booting up on?  Asking for a friend.

• Like 1

There is a small engineering school on West side of the Hudson River,  a quick swim from NYC’s Manhattan...

Calc V....

It’s that fifth semester of calculus...  where the pencil and paper gets put aside.... and something called Numerical Analysis is performed...

It covered the things that couldn’t be exactly solved in the first four semesters...

It was somewhat similar to cutting off a limb.... but only simulating it, using tiny tiny cuts.... over and over... :)

The important part was meeting as many people as you can... and get to know them and their skills...

There is no way I am going to retain that level of math skill.... on my way to a really cool job, decades later....  where my job is going to need that math skill for a few days...

I had a blast hiring some consultants for a process development project...  introducing my work team to my professor team that I hadn’t seen in 30years...   :)

Some people have awesome math skills...

Others are sort of OK at connectivity.... :)

If you have really good connectivity skills... you can get to know people’s kids too...

PP thoughts only, not a mathematician... but, I do know a really good one...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1