Has anyone ever received a “No Wind Data” message on their GTN?  I was wondering if there were ever gaps in ADS-B/FIS-B wind data transmissions as I believe I had all the right settings activated on the 750 but wasn’t receiving wind data for some reason.  Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks. 

230F3AAC-6679-4C24-B8DB-E60216D15105.jpeg

5ABC678C-4AA7-4063-BF72-D2F1CE0172BC.jpeg

Well now, wait a second... is that “no wind data” referring to the forecast winds aloft or is it referring to the current computed winds?  If you have the proper sensors, like oat, g3x, g5, or gi275, etc, your system will display the current TAS and wind dir/velocity.

Maybe there’s some kind of communication error in your oat or other sensors?

On your status page winds/temps aloft are green.  Usually you have to select an airport to see the winds aloft at different altitudes (via foreflight).  Your CWA is white... is that Current Winds Aloft?  Because that might not be fis b?  

Edited by Ragsf15e

NO WIND DATA = forecast winds aloft. I am simply trying to see the wind barbs on the map page. I do not have a Garmin PFD but I can get TAS info from the GTN utilities section  by just entering the OAT.  All other info needed to compute TAS is already present. As such I believe this is a FIS-B issue although all other wether functions do work. I believe CWA = Center Wether Advisory. Not sure why that one is white as I haven’t dug into that one yet. Trying to figure out one thing at a time. Also NEXRAD was off when I was trying to figure this out and I had an altitude selected. I’ll check with Garmin to see if I have the latest software. 

Edited by 231-FLYER

11 minutes ago, 231-FLYER said:

NO WIND DATA = forecast winds aloft. I am simply trying to see the wind barbs on the map page. I do not have a Garmin PFD but I can get TAS info from the GTN utilities section  by just entering the OAT.  All other info needed to compute TAS is already present. As such I believe this is a FIS-B issue although all other wether functions do work. I believe CWA = Center Wether Advisory. Not sure why that one is white as I haven’t dug into that one yet. Trying to figure out one thing at a time. Also NEXRAD was off when I was trying to figure this out and I had an altitude selected. I’ll check with Garmin to see if I have the latest software. 

Copy.  You’re probably correct about the cwa.