Sheepskin seat cover

Markku

I don't know which ones might be the best fitting from direct experience.  Try Rocky Mountain Sheep Skins in San Jose.  The will have you take a large number of measurements of your seats and make them to fit.  Looks to me like it might work right nicely.  I plan to do it soon.

I’ve purchased three sets from aero sheep. 
the latest set were very well fitting and they changed from those stupid clips to plastic buckles on the bottom which work a lot better. 
I always thought they would be hot, but one plane I had came with them and after flying with them I was a convert. I even got them in my truck. 
I wouldn’t want to take a long trip in a plane without them. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Schllc said:

I’ve purchased three sets from aero sheep. 
the latest set were very well fitting and they changed from those stupid clips to plastic buckles on the bottom which work a lot better. 
I always thought they would be hot, but one plane I had came with them and after flying with them I was a convert. I even got them in my truck. 
I wouldn’t want to take a long trip in a plane without them. 

Sheepskin is like tea .... in winter it helps keep you warm, and in summer it helps you stay cool 

• 6 months later...

I'm seriously considering getting sheepskin for front seats.  My leather is in very good shape as I keep it clean and add leather cream to keep it from getting dry.  Will having sheepskins on dry out the leather or damage it?  Or do you have to take the covers off every so often to clean and moisturize the leather?  Any feedback appreciated!

Sheep skin is great, many Military and Commercial aircraft have them, however it’s pretty thick and does make you sit higher, so if your pushing head room now, you may not can use them.

I bought some for our first Miata way back when and couldn’t use them as even at 5’10” they put my head in the roof.

Sheep skins won’t hurt leather but as you say you should still condition the leather. My belief is that they would protect the leather and make it last much longer, opinion of course 

Edited by A64Pilot
  • Thanks 1