252 needed

jsigmon

For all owners of a 262 and those considering one:

I have a copy of the STC from Mod Works Inc and the Aircraft Flight Manual Supplement which I can share with anyone.

Additionally, if you have the TSIO360MB engine in a 12 volt airframe BEWARE of using a lightweight starter. Several have failed in flight and lead to gear shearing and failure of the accessory case, thus leading to a simultaneous vacuum pump and alternator failure. I know this from personal experience. Fortunately my aircraft has dual alternators and an electric vacuum pump backup.

After my incident I contacted TCM and Niagra Air Parts and they were aware of the situation. Unfortunately, TCM has not issued a SB about this situation, but the engineer at TCM I talked to was aware of the problem. Go Figure! He told me to use the original type of starter, NOT a lightweight one.

Jeff

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/2/2021 at 8:59 AM, jsigmon said:

Sold my ovation last fall and have moved to steamboat springs.

Please let me know if anyone has contacts with future seller of 252.

Rationally priced and maintained in the right way and i’ll buy it.

I will need turbocharged out of new home airport 20V

jason

Just saw a 252 up for sale on Barnstormers

https://www.barnstormers.com/category-20594-Mooney--252.html