252 needed

jsigmon

Sold my ovation last fall and have moved to steamboat springs.

Please let me know if anyone has contacts with future seller of 252.

Rationally priced and maintained in the right way and i’ll buy it.

I will need turbocharged out of new home airport 20V

jason

The 252 is certainly the right answer for 20V, SBS, GNB, etc. But they are rare, and rarely sold by those of us who have one. So you can expect the pricing to be anything but rational ;)

@jgarrison at GMax has one for sale at the moment. And that appears to be the only one for sale in the country today. Others will come up for sale, you just have to watch and be ready.

• Like 3

On 4/2/2021 at 8:43 AM, gsxrpilot said:

The 252 is certainly the right answer for 20V, SBS, GNB, etc. But they are rare, and rarely sold by those of us who have one. So you can expect the pricing to be anything but rational ;)

@jgarrison at GMax has one for sale at the moment. And that appears to be the only one for sale in the country today. Others will come up for sale, you just have to watch and be ready.

Yes i just got mine last year and will not be selling it until the insurance will no longer cover my hull—that maybe in 20 years or so. Everything has a price but it would have to be a very big number for me to consider selling. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, KLRDMD said:

I don't believe that's possible.

I spoke to a guy who did it. He said it wasn't hard and it was a great upgrade for a few extra bucks. Need a new cowl and motor mounts.

Quite frankly an -LB with an intercooler and merlyn wastegate, it’s splitting hairs.

Sure I get the cowling difference etc, but I’ve seldom seen 252’s on the market that haven’t had top overhauls or cylinders exchanged during their life.

34 minutes ago, Gubni said:

I spoke to a guy who did it. He said it wasn't hard and it was a great upgrade for a few extra bucks. Need a new cowl and motor mounts.

Thoroughly research it before buying anything. I don't believe it is possible to convert a 231 to a 252. As was mentioned, Mooney Mart used to convert a 231 to a "262" but that STC has long been unavailable.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gubni said:

If he did it, it was before 2004 when the holder of the STC was still in business. No way of doing one since then.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Falcon Man said:

Jason,

I have a 1984 "262" that will be for sale in about 3 months. Engine is @ Continental right now. If interested contact me about the particulars.

Thanks,

Jeff

my email is jsigmon24@mac.com

cell 970-367-6140.  thanks jeff

There are two STCs.  Mod Squad (MooneyMart) and The Mod Works each had there own.  Only real difference is one used a vernier knob to actuate the cole flap and one used the motor actuator from a 252.

Neither STC is available?

I suspect getting the cowling and cowl flap hardware would make it close to impossible and certainly impractical to do another one.

For what 252s seem to be taking, considered a Bravo?

• Like 1