M20B/M20C Exhaust

I acquired a vary inexpensive 1961 M20B A1D that is missing the exhaust system so I need a full exhaust system. It originally had a dual exhaust system (now gone)I am also open to a single muffler exhaust system for a M20C. I was told there is a service bulletin allowing the swap to the M20C but I do not have the number. I am open to either system looking for recommendations.
Thank you

On 4/1/2021 at 10:25 PM, carusoam said:

Welcome aboard White!

What else do you need for your ship?

Best regards,

-a-

Thank you I do need a prop. I acquired the airplane out of annual and without a prop or exhaust. the airplane as a whole is in good condition and I am soooooo looking forward to flying a Mooney!!!!!!! 

it had a C14 prop and I am having a prop shop build one for me. "maybe" if they can not find the parts i may go with the Hartzell.

18 minutes ago, whitetheaviator said:

if I get a use Hartzell can I install it without the STC paperwork using this service bulletin?

SBM20-96A.pdf (mooney.com)

You should check the TCDS. The prop has probably been added to that model. If it has you don’t need any paperwork other than a logbook entry.

• Like 1

Around here...

we have a prop guy... @Cody Stallings is pretty good at sharing guidance...  he must be busy, I haven’t seen him lately...

we also have @Alan Fox for all things Mooney pre-flown parts related...

Often, if you have an old exhaust for your plane... it gets sent off for OH at an exhaust system welder...  where they OH everything from both ends... it looks brand new when complete...

Old exhaust systems can be hazardous for CO emissions...   be aware, get a CO monitor...

Best regards,

-a-

Can anyone with a B comment on the dual exhaust noise?  I would love to have a nice 4-1 system with a collector, but the Paperwork and noise are a factor. 

-Matt

I have a B and just overhauled the exhaust in January. Leaking pretty bad so it was needed. I haven’t flown anything else so not sure how it compares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...
7 hours ago, Bill Tabscott said:

I need a exhaust system for my m20B also can’t seem to be able to locate one seems to be obsolete anyone have any leads? Please 

Welcome, Bill!

Not sure where you are located, but Knisley in Loomis, CA (Sacramento area) has a PMA exhaust for vintage Mooneys.  They might need to see the orientation of the cold air intake on the muffler shroud to get it right.  

https://knisleyexhaust.com

Are you still running a generator?  If you’ve upgraded to an alternator, have you considered a PowerFlow exhaust?

• 2 weeks later...